Chapter 5

𝓜𝓪𝓻𝓲𝓮

Don't drink. Drinking is bad, very bad. When you're drunk, you're not thinking straight, so you do weird things with your future husband. Like smoking with him, but not in a normal way, no. In a way, you almost kiss him. I mean, would you even consider that a kiss? From what I remember, our lips only brushed.

That's not a kiss, right?

I'm never drinking again. I tell myself after a hangover, I'll stop, but my life can't seem to be mundane. So I drink. Granted, I shouldn't use alcohol to drown out all my life problems.

I guess that was the plan when I started drinking yesterday. To not remember the events that went on. Maybe that was a bad idea considering I have classes today and practice after. I study business and psychology and then dance.

I started when I was pretty young and won a lot of competitions. Now it's just something I do to stay in shape. The joy for it just disappeared over the years. I have a competition at the end of this week. Probably my last one. After I marry Dante, I'm sure my life will be flipped upside down.

The only good thing that came out of last night is I won the bet. So, more money in my pockets, at least.

"Good Morning," I greeted once I entered the kitchen. Mornings in the Alessi house are always abuzz. Everyone preparing to start their day.

"Hey sis, are you free tomorrow?" Carmen asked.

"Yeah, I don't have any classes. What's up?" I asked while pouring myself a glass of orange juice.

"Yacht with mum?"

The ladies of the Cosa Nostra had to have their own thing. Usually, they just gossip even more and admire the men helping. I never once went. It's mostly just the married women who do these things. A way to get away from their husbands while they are off working. Makes me wonder if this is what I'll do when I'm married. Like it's a club.

"Sure, why not? I can even invite Vi." if she isn't busy doing something crazy.

——

All I need right now is a warm, soothing bath. And after that, I can suffocate myself under my covers. I can't do that, though, because I'm still at school. Why am I still here, you ask? Because my fucking brother is incapable of doing something simple as picking his sister up. You would think that this would be a simple task for his tiny brain to do but not even that he can accomplish. I swear when he gets here, I'll give him a new nose.

"You're still here?" I looked behind me to see Chet, a guy from dance, ascending the stairs. The sun had set, so most of the students were gone. The only people here are some of the dancers and staff.

"Sadly, my idiotic brother's late."

No one knows about my life, or they do and don't care to comment on it. And for that, I'm glad. The last thing I want to do is discuss how many people my father has killed. I'm not stupid. I know they know. I only have to tell them my name, and they put two and two together. She's definitely part of the mafia. The Alessi's are famous, you could say.

"I can keep you company until he gets here." Chet offered.

We're dance partners, so we got close. But there's a line I will never allow him to step across. I will not have blood on my hands. In no way do I want to be responsible for someone's death.

"That's really sweet but unnecessary." I gave him a sweet smile. "I'm sure he'll be here soon." he doesn't take the hint.

"I wouldn't want to leave you here by yourself."