Chapter 15

𝓜𝓪𝓻𝓲𝓮

   I'm losing my mind. If Violet hadn't interrupted what would've happened? I made one rule, one simple fucking rule and I expected Dante to try and break it. But, me? Not once did I expect this to happen.

"Oh, sorry didn't mean to interrupt," Violet's steps faltered once she realized our position.

I try to push Dante off of me but he doesn't budge. The man's like a brick wall.

"Then don't," he bites out.

"Don't be rude," I glare at him and he does the same. Rolling my eyes, I turn my attention to Violet. "Did you need something?" I ask her ignoring Dante's burning stare. Violet only wore a bathrobe, her hair wet from her shower.

"I wanted to know when your siblings would get here,"

I saw Dante tense. Right, I didn't get to tell him about that. This is the longest I've gone without seeing my siblings, and I miss them.

"They'll probably get here in an hour," I turned to Dante. He didn't look like he was upset. Why should he be? This is my home just as much as it is his and he told me I could have people over.

Though he didn't think I meant all in one day.

"Okay." and with that she headed back upstairs.

I waited. For any sign of annoyance or even for him to say something, he simply stares at me. You would think with the attention I receive, being stared at wouldn't make me feel uncomfortable.

But this was Dante, not just anybody.

"What?"

"What?" he parrot.

"Aren't you going to say anything?"

He shrugs. Places a kiss on my cheek and then walks towards his office.

I stare at him. What the hell?

I'm confused, I'm fucking confused. I have no idea what's going on in his head. Why is he acting like this? My heart can't take it. It makes it difficult to hate him.

One part of me wants to hate him and the other wants to fall, in hopes that he'll catch me and love me forever.

But that'll never happen. I see no sign of that happening.

Yes, everything Dante has down to me has felt amazing but that feeling only lasts so long. I haven't the slightest clue what he intends to do with me.

If he'll love me or just use me. For all I know, he could be playing with my feelings.

And I'm scared. Scared of what would happen if he truly had feelings for me. If I fall and he catches me.

But that shouldn't be a bad thing. It should reassure me that he could have feelings for me and give me the love I so desperately seek.

I'm annoyed that I let Mia get to me because her words are why I'm afraid. Why I'm pushing that feeling deep down, never allowing it to reach the surface.

——