(28) The End is Near

Here it is guys...the final chapter of The Alpha or the Beta. I realize that I drug this story out for way too long and should have ended it a long time ago, but I couldnt. This story was kind of a part of my childhood, I have been writing it since 7th grade after all. (I'm a senior now). Thank you all for your continuous support and love!

Liam POV

I looked down at the little boy laying in my arms, the little boy I called my son. He smiled up at me with his big toothless grin. I couldn't believe that I had helped create the precious human being laying in my arms. His giant brown eyes stared deep into my own and I knew I was in love.

What were the chances my son would be born on the exact day my mate had died three years ago? I choose to believe it was the Moon Goddess' way of bringing me joy on a day that had only ever caused me dread. Little Aiden Damon Town was born at 6:53 this morning. He was 19 inches long and weighs 7 pounds 13 ounces. He has dark brown hair, perfectly tanned skin, and the brightest brown eyes I have ever seen.

I smiled at his mother as I noticed for the first time just how much Aiden looked like Delainey. Delainey looked beautiful even after 9 hours of labor. She was the light of my life, and I couldn't believe just how lucky I was to have her in my life. After Leann's death I never thought I could be happy again. But Delainey got me through something that should have killed me. I didnt think that I could ever be happy again. But because of the women laying in the hospital bed beneath me I can truthfully say I am happy again. I no longer wake up in the middle of the night crying. Delainey saved me, and now our son will continue to save me.

"Look at those eyes, you have your mothers eyes." He once again smiled at me with his whole mouth. I couldn't believe just how lucky I was. I not only married my best friend last year, but we now have a beautiful baby boy to start off our family. " I love you so much Aiden, so so so much! You and your mother are my whole life! I wont ever let anything bad happen to you, anything!"

"Honey, will you please go find my nurse and ask her when we can go home?" I slowly handed Aiden down to her and then gave them both a kiss on the forehead. I then exited the room and headed to the nurses station.

"Excuse me, can you please tell me when Delainey and Aiden Town are due to leave the hospital?" She looked up at me a little shocked and then smiled.

"Of course sir, may I please have your name?" I looked at her a little shocked. I knew she was new to the area, but she should know who the alpha was.

"My name is Alpha Liam Town, I would like to check my wife and son out of the hospital please." She looked up at me with genuine surprise. I could tell that she was now intimidated and kept her glance from mine.

"I can check you out now if you would like, the doctors have gave them both the green light to leave about an hour ago. I am so sorry Alpha, I had no idea who you were!" I smiled at her and then quickly signed the paperwork. I couldn't wait to get my wife and son home.

"Ready to go sweetheart?" She smiled up at me while feeding our son. I again thought about just how lucky I was. I was finally happy with my life and there was nothing in this world that was going to change that.

"So ready! Get me out of this place, I'm ready to go home!" Seeing Lainey pregnant was quite the sight. She is already so little and short that seeing her with a full pregnant belly brought a smile to your face every time.

After talking to the doctor, pulling the car around, and helping Lainey get everything together we were finally able to leave. I couldn't get enough of Aiden so I insisted on being the one to carry him at all times. As we were passing the nurses station though the woman I talked to earlier started to chase after me. "Alpha, Alpha, please slow down! I need to talk to you...right now!"