(24) Delainey

Liam POV

After my "talk" with Kyle I was extremely tired, so I decided that after saying goodnight to my angel I would hit the sack early. I wasn't really to sure how much more of this I could take. I couldn't stand not being able to talk to Leann but having to see Kyle every day. I hated the fact that I had to put up a strong front for the pack when truthfully all I wanted to do was sit and cry at her bedside. She was my everything and the fact that I couldn't prove that to her made me feel like a failure. I needed her to wake up! It was time, it had been over a month and it was time for her to come back to me.

When I reached the office I excused Thomas and Seth then took a seat at my desk. I had a few things to finish up so I figured I might as well get them done and not put them off till the next day. I looked through the mail then checked my email. I was bored with most of it like usual, that is until I clicked on one from an unknown sender. It basically said that I needed to prepare myself for a war because we had something that the Lori Creek Pack wanted. And the email made it pretty obvious that that something was Leann. What they could possibly want with my girl was beyond me. She had not even done something as simple as move in the last ninety days. So what she had done to disserve their attention was scary.

I had an overwhelming sense to go and protect what was rightfully mine. How dare they think that after I had just got done with the fight for Leann against Kyle I was going to go to war with them for her. If they did think that then they were going to lose, and I was going to kill every single member in their pack for even thinking so. I was done being the nice alpha, and everyone knew it. So if they wanted a war they were going to get one. I would never let anyone touch Leann again!

I rushed over to Leann's side and at the same time I called everyone that was in the house into my office. "Leann baby it is time to wake up. You have had enough time to rest, babe you have to wake up soon. I need you!"

"Son, what is it?"

I turned away from Leann reluctantly and found almost the whole pack squeezed into my tiny office. I left Leann's bed and walked over to my desk. "I have received an email from an unknown sender. The Lori Creek pack has declared war on our pack, and do you want to know what they want? They want my mate, another mother fucker who wants my mate! I want to give everyone the choose, if you do not want to go to war please speak up now." I said in my deepest alpha voice.

One of the nastier men from the group spoke up "And what if we don't want to Liam?"

"Steve, you will call me Alpha if you would like to stay in this pack. If you don't have a legitimate reason for not wanting to fight, then you are welcome to leave the pack. I am not going to lose her again. Do you all understand that? So no Steve, the reason of just not wanting to fight is not going to be good enough for me.

Come on everyone we have been working our hardest to bulk up. We have been training our hardest every day and I know that this will be an easy fight for us to win. I don't care how good they are, we are ten times better than that. We are ready for this, and like I said if you are not willing to fight for your alpha female speak up now and get prepared to pack up and leave. I am not going to force you to fight, just know that by the time we come back victorious you better not be here."

"Alpha I am all for fighting for Leann, I love her sweetheart, but I don't think my daughters or myself physically can." I looked to my left to see Jennet, a pregnant mother of 3 speaking quietly to me.

"Jennet of course I understand why you can not fight in a war, your pregnant. If you have an actual reason for not being able to fight of course I will understand. Guys just because I have become a stricture alpha over the last month doesn't meant that I have lost all compassion. I love each and every one of you, but this is my mate we are talking about and I need as many of you as I can get. How many of you, not including children, think that you will not be able to fight in a war?" I looked left to right only to see that most of the women and the injured pack members raised their hands. It went against every bone in my body to make a woman fight in a war. I didn't need everyone of my men worrying about their mate and not putting their all into what they were doing.