(23) And That Was Saying Something

Leann’s POV

Once again the bright light had taken over everything, but unlike last time I was able to make it to the darkness that beckoned to me. And when I did everything was gone. Every feeling of pain, love, and even my memory had been taken away with the replacement of the darkness, but I welcomed it with open arms. I didn’t have the strength to fight to stay in the light this time. So this was it, I was dead…

“Leann, Honey is that you?” Was I not dead? If I wasn’t then I had to be the luckiest girl on earth. I recognized this voice, it was one that I hadn’t heard in so long though.

“Mom?” No there was no way, whoever I had just called mom must be extremely mad or confused. There was no way that was my mother. She was dead and somehow I wasn’t.

“Hey baby, I cant believe you are here. Honey I was hoping I wouldn’t see you here for a long long time.” Holy shit it was my mother! How did she get here?

“Mom you’re alive? How did that happen? Oh my god I missed you so much! I have so much to show you and so many people to introduce you to!” This was great, all those wishes I thought I had wasted on birthday candles, falling stars, and eyelashes had really not been a waste of my time! She was here! My mother was alive.

“Oh baby girl you are confused. I’m not alive sweetie, and neither are you.” Even though I could hear her I couldn’t see her. And I now knew why. I was dead, she was dead, we were all dead.

“Mom I don’t want to be here! I love you but I cant be here.”

“Sweetie do you even remember why you cant be here?” I tried to think about what she was asking me but everything was a blur. Why couldn’t I stay here with my mom? I had missed her so much! Why did I want to leave her?

I couldn’t shake the feeling that I was forgetting something important though. Like there was something down there on earth that I had forgotten about

“No…but I know its something important mommy. Why cant I remember?”

“That’s what happens when you die sweetie. After awhile all those memories will come back but it will take time. At least we have each other, I just wish that you could remember what was so important down there.”

“Why is that mom?”

“Sweetheart if you remembered what you were leaving behind down there it would be worth fighting for. You would have been able to fight off the darkness and you wouldn’t be up here with me. And no matter how much I have missed you I think that you are to young to be here. Sweetie try your hardest to remember.”

“Mom I don’t even know what you are talking about. I want to stay here with you for forever. Did you not miss me or something? Is that why you don’t want me here?”

“Of course not sweetie, I have missed you so much but I cant keep you here. Its to early, I want you to come back to me in a couple years and when I say a couple I mean I better not see you here for a very long time. Do you understand young lady?” I had missed her so much. Everything from her voice to just the way she said young lady when she wanted me to take something seriously.

“But why mom? I don’t remember anything from down there except for the memories I have as a child and they all include you. I want to stay here with you, especially after thinking about what dad did to you.”

“Baby I’m going to say one word and if it doesn’t bring anything back to you then fine you can stay here with me but baby you need to think hard ok?”

“Ok mom, what is this word that is all of a sudden going to change my mind?”

“Liam…” Everything came rushing back to me, and as my memories did my mother’s presence started to disappear. My head hurt and I felt sick I didn’t want to be here anymore. I was so uncomfortable and everything hurt.

“Mom don’t leave me! Come with me please!” If I could cry I knew I would have been then. I had already lost her once, I couldn’t go through that again. My dad wasn’t even here to hurt her this time. It was me that was leaving her and not the other way around. She had to come with me, she just had to.

“I promise we will find each other again Leann. But that wont be for awhile. Just remember that I love you, and no matter what I have always and always will be proud of you. I know you have had it hard sweetie but I need you to stay strong. If not for you, stay strong for me.”

Then she was gone and I was back in the white brightness, except this time there was no darkness for me to escape to. The brightness engulfed me and I was stuck. What if I were stuck here forever? Never again able to see Liam or my mother. The thought brought me pain, and it turned the bright white into a light pink. Soon I was thinking about every painful thing that had ever happened to me in my lifetime. But the cherry on top that turned the now extremely pink brightness into a deep and dark red was thinking about Kyle biting me.

The pain was excruciating! All I wanted to do was die again, but no matter where I looked there was no way out of this. If I could scream I would have , if I could cry I would have, if I could do anything I would have. But all I could do was think about the pain and how many people had hurt me in my lifetime. The more I thought the worse the pain became, and soon it became the worst pain I had ever suffered. And truthfully that was saying something.

SOOO…. I know that that was a terrible chapter and I’m probably going to rewrite it sooner or later but I was tired and just wanted to get it done. Once again sorry.

Even though it was a terrible chapter please vote, comment, and become a fan.((: