(27) I Still Love You

I couldn't stop the murderous thoughts of Delainey from making their way across my mind. I hated her, I hated her more than Kyle! How could Liam do that to me? I realized she was much more attractive than I was but she was only a child. He had told me he loved me, he let me pick him over Kyle and he wasnt even going to stick with me! Ugh, I hated him.

As we kept walking through the dark hallways Liam tried to grab my hand and I threw it down with disgust. Before I could even comprehend what was happening he had me up against a wall, his body pressed close to mine. "Leann, listen to me! Nothing, I repeat nothing is going on between me Lainey and I. She is my best friend and nothing more. How can I prove that to you?"

"Kiss me." He brought his lips to mine so tenderly it took my breath away. I was so caught up in the kiss that I forgot why I was mad at him, I forgot where we were, and I forgot all of my problems. He pulled away and brought his lips to my left ear. "I love you Leann, and only you. Dont you ever forget that."

I tried not to believe him, I really did, but I did believe him. He was not a good liar and he looked so honest. "Fine, I believe you Liam. That does not mean that I like the girl." He smiled down at me as he removed his body from mine.

"Now are you going to explain to me why you need to see Kyle so urgently?" I frowned at him as I thought of the possibility of not getting to be with him for forever. What if my "wolf" was still in love with Kyle? I couldnt do the love triangle thing again, I would rather die. At least I knew Liam would have Delainey to take care of him.

"What is it beautiful?" He gently lifted my chin and made me look at him.

"I just need to see him, I know you dont understand Liam. This is something I need to do though." He forced a smile as I was sure he was thinking of the possiblities as well.

He lead me to a small cell and the smell was disgusting, it actually made me gag. "Is he weak?" I did not want to go in the cell if I knew there was any chance he could hurt me again.

"Yes, it was hard to find but we have been injecting him with wolfsbane. He couldnt hurt a fly even if he tried." I smiled at that thought.

"Then leave me with him, if he can not hurt me than there is no reason for you to sit here and protect me. As I told your 'friend' I can take care of myself."

"No Leann, there is no way in hell I am leaving you alone with that peice of trash. I kept him alive for one reason and one reason only. I will go in there with you, if you feel nothing for him than he will be dead before the sun sets tonight. I will not budge on this honey."

"Please Liam, as an early wedding present, give me ten minutes alone with him." He looked at me and frowned. I could tell he was throwing the idea around in his head.

"No." It was simple and cruel. He used his full alpha authority and it made me cringe away from him.

"Liam, I will not marry you unless you leave me alone with Kyle for at least ten minutes, you said it yourself, he couldnt hurt a fly even if he tried. I will go in there alone with or without your permission, it doesnt matter to me."

"Leann, I swear if he hurts you I will never forgive myself. Why do you always put me in these kinds of predicaments?" I smiled at him and then kissed him on the nose.

"Thank you Liam, I promise I wont let myself get hurt." He looked to the men by the door and motioned to them to open the door.

"I will not leave the building, neither will they. I will only be a second away dont forget that. You have ten minutes, no more. Do you understand Leann?"

"Yes alpha, thank you." I kissed him quickly on the lips and slowly started to walk to the giant door. Both of the men reluctantly opened it as I waited. I took one step in the door and the smell hit me like a wall. As soon as I was in the room the door closed behind me. I couldnt place where he was, the smell was so strong from every direction it was making it hard to pin point where he was. I slowly scanned the room, there was nothing.