(26) Betrayal

Leann POV (continued)

Of course I was. I sure didn't know much about being a werewolf, but one thing I was sure about was Liam. Even if we did not have the whole mate thing going for us I knew I would have ended up with his attractive ass, there was no stopping that. And even though I knew these things I couldn't get myself to speak the words that would make him smile. My brain was stopping me but my wolf knew what she wanted. Before I could stop myself I slowly started to shake my head yes.

Once again Liam picked me up and spun me in circles. When he finally set me down he got me in a bone crushing hug and rubbed my back repeatedly. " I promise that I will make you the happiest girl in the world! I can't wait to prove that to you. Leann, sweetheart you are the best thing that has happened to me I can't believe I am going to get to make you mine forever." He grabbed my hand and placed the ring on my finger. From what I could tell it fit perfectly but I didn't even look down at it.

" I want to see Kyle." I truthfully didn't want to ruin the moment that we were having but I needed to see what would happen to me around Kyle.

"Alright, let's go. I have to warn you though, he doesn't look the same as the last time you saw him."

"What does that mean Liam?"

"You will see..." The whole way there Liam was trying to stop me from walking through the woods. He insisted that I let him carry me, but I wanted to walk since it had been over two months.

We walked for about twenty minutes or so until Liam stopped us in the middle of nowhere. I looked around confused at the trees and greenery that surrounded us. I looked at Liam and he pointed to the ground, again I was confused.

"We have to keep this place hidden from everyone else, only a certain number of people from the pack know about it. This is not something that we are proud of Leann, you will understand that in a minute. This pack isn't as nice as you thought it was, we have secrets just like anyone else." Liam was confusing me, I knew that I didn't know much about the whole werewolf thing, but they didn't seem like bad people. 

He bent down and moved some ferns and branches. After everything was cleared away he pulled up a trap door looking thing and motioned for me to follow him as he disappeared into the hole in the ground. I didn't understand where the door had come from. One minute it was just Liam and I, now there was a random door that led to god knows where. "Liam where are we going? I said I wanted to see Kyle, not your guys' hunting cellar. Please, this is important to me. I realize that he is probably the last person you want to see right now, but please Liam."

I refused to take another step until he took me to Kyle, if he wanted me to marry him he better learn I can be very stubborn. "Leann, I am taking you to see Kyle..."

"That doesn't make any sense! We are out here in the middle of know where! Kyle is not going to be out here in this cellar...oh." All of the breath I had left in me slowly made its way out of my lungs, Kyle was down there.

"I told you Leann, we all have secrets. Follow me if you really want to see Kyle." They kept him in a cellar? What had they done to him?  

I eventually followed Liam into the dark hole in the ground and was instructed to close the door afterwards. The room was poorly lit and smelled absolutely terrible. Actually it smelled very similar to death and I didn't know how I felt about that. Of course I wanted nothing to do with Kyle, but did I want him dead?

"Liam!" I looked up from the ground and found a very attractive girl jumping into his arms. What the hell was this? He asked me to marry him while he was off screwing another girl! And he was mad at me for wanting to see Kyle, screw him! Over two freaking months and I wake up to this!

I turned around and made my way back to the door. I tried to push it up but could hear Liam telling his men to block it from the outside through the mind link. "Leann stop! This is not what you think. This is Delainey, nothing is going on between us I promise."

"Oh God! Luna I am so sorry, I didn't realize how that would come off. Look at me! I have done it again, I'm sorry that I have made such a bad first impression. My name is Delainey Addisyn Stewart, and I swear to you there is nothing going on between me and your fiancé." She then stuck out her hand for me to shake and I just looked at it in disgust. How could they expect me to believe that there was nothing going on between them? I could put two and two together, it was not hard.

"Liam let me out of here, I'm not stupid. Let me out!" I was going to kill something if he did not let me out. He was such a hypocrite!

"Leann, I'm not kidding! Nothing is going on between Lainey and I! I promise you that, please believe me honey, please. Why would I ask you to marry me if I were fooling around with my sixteen year old friend, who just so happens is a girl. That's all she is to me Leann, a friend! Honey I love you, you have to believe me."

"And if I don't? Two months is plenty of time to get over someone and move on."

"Luna please, I didn't mean to cause any problems between you and Liam. Truthfully he thinks of me as nothing more than a friend. I promise you that while you were asleep nothing happened. You have to believe me!"

"Liam take me to Kyle, we will talk about this later." I could tell that he was having a quick conversation with Delainey through their minds and it only pissed me off more. If he were cheating on me with this Delainey girl I didn't know what I would do. My heart was breaking just thinking about it. Maybe this is how he had felt the whole time I had been with him and Kyle. But that was not my choice, it was just something that happened! If this was his way of getting back at me then he was not the man I thought he was.

"Lainey why are you here anyways?" The way he said her Name led me to believe there was more going on between them than either of them were letting on.

" Your father sent me out her to relieve Thomas of his duties and for me to guard Kyle, I hope that is alright."

"Yeah Lain that's okay, but how about you leave me and Leann alone with Kyle for a minute?"

"Are you sure? I don't want anything to happen to her again."

This is where I decided it was time for me to speak up. I was tired of them talking like I was not here. " I can take care of myself thank you very much little girl. Let's go Liam."

Guys I'm really sorry it is so short! I have major writers block on this story and will take any ideas. I have been updating my other books Love is an Overused Word and Save Me though, and I personally love those stories. I have not given up on this story I just feel that my writing is very immature and not, well, good. Again I am very sorry.

<3 Mybabyblueeyes