Epilogue

Here we go. I made you wait a ridiculous amount of time for an update yet again! This is the epilogue to the story and my plan is to still write a sequel, although when I will have time to start that is beyond me. Thank you so much for reading, I hope you enjoy!

Liam POV

The day's drug on as I continued to fight my wolf. He knew who he wanted to be with and having her live so close was killing him. I however was not going to act on what he wanted, Delainey was much to important to me. It had been two weeks since we had brought our son home from the hospital and a week since Leann moved into one of the many spare rooms of the new pack house. Her close proximity was clouding my judgment and making it extremely hard to do my job, as a husband and an alpha.

"I'm just saying I wouldn't hold it against you if you choose to be with her." Delainey and I had had this talk at least thirty times in the last 14 days and it still hasn't gotten any easier. She brought it up time and time again because I knew she could tell I was suffering.

"Honey I'm telling you that will never happen, my heart is bond to yours now. Nothing will ever change the way that I feel about you. I no longer think of her that way, her closeness just causes me stress." Leann did cause me stress but I had lied about feeling nothing for her. She was my mate, the one and only person hand picked for me on this earth. How could I ignore the amazing miracle that brought her back to me?

I kissed Delainey on the cheek before entering the meeting room to our left. She followed after me quickly and took her place standing next to me on the stage, my beta standing next to her. Since Kyle's death I had trained a new beta, one that had been around the block a time or two. It was unusual for a former alpha to return as a beta but I needed my father's help after the passing of my mate. He was only to hold the position for a year until I had time to find a new beta but we worked incredibly well as a team. I smiled at him as I followed his glance to my mother in the crowd. She was holding Aidan and had the other grandmothers of the pack surrounding her.

Thinking about Leann was never easy for me. She was no longer the same person I fell in love with almost four years ago. She was always angry and pushed everyone that tried to help her away. She was selfish and rude and didn't seem to understand how her actions affected others. Yet there was still a part of me that loved her, not that I could ever admit that to anyone but myself.  

She was no longer the clumsy lovable human I once knew. I would miss the times she babbled on and on about nothing only to catch herself doing it and blush. I would miss her smile which no longer lit up her face. And I would miss her warm touch as she reassured me that everything would work out in the end. The Leann that I knew and loved was gone and in her place was a new woman.

How she was alive today was still a mystery. I exhausted every contact we had with any information on the subject. There should be no way for someone that had been dead three years to be alive and talking. Yet there Leann was standing in the back of the meeting room. She was under constant supervision and I could tell that she was beyond annoyed with it.

"Pack members, I am holding this meeting to announce that I am in need of a new beta. My father has done a wonderful job of filling the position but it is time for him to step down. I need your help to decide who should be our second in command. We will be holding a competition to find out next beta and all men above the ages of 15 are welcome to participate. We will be ending the bloodline connection to the beta title with the Henning family here. If you are in any close relation with them, I am sorry but you are ineligible to participate. That is all for today, thank you for your time. I will have more for you within the next couple of days."

The room exploded with chaos as I announced something no one expected. Everyone wanted to have someone in there family be apart of the top ranking pack members and this was a new way to do it. Never before had there been a competition held, it had always been by bloodline. Kyle's father had been my father beta and his before that. Kyle had been an only child however and I could never trust someone from that family to serve me loyalty again.

It pained me to shun his family in a sense. Mr. and Mrs. Henning had been like second parents to me while I was growing up. We still kept in contact and they did not blame me for the exile that they received. The bridges between our families were too badly burned for me to ever trust them again.

I could sense her approaching before I could see her. "What if I would like to participate in this competition?" I couldn't help but look at her confused. What would Leann, who had just miraculously been revived from death, want to be Beta for?

"I'm sorry but I don't believe that's possible" Delainey spoke before I had completely comprehended what Leann had asked.

"I don't believe I asked you, mate stealer. I was born to be an alpha female was I not? I was meant to be in power. So why can't I participate in this competition? If I win then I at least hold some sort of power. What do you have to loose? You precious baby mamma will still be ranked above me and could crush me if she pleased."

"You will speak to Delianey with respect. She is your alpha as much as Liam is. I do not want to punish you Leann but I will. Liam might be lenient towards you but I will not put up with it any longer." Again someone spoke before me, this time however it was my father. He made an excellent point and I felt bad for not standing up for my wife before he did.

I considered what Leann had asked and honestly my wolf wanted to allow it. If she was our new beta that meant she would be with us wherever we went and we could keep an eye on her. He started to speak before I had completely comprehended the thought, "Leann I hear where you're coming from and I will consider it."

I had never seen Leann smile in such a viscous way, it scared me. She scared me. I didn't know what I had just agreed too but I could tell the other two people standing on stage with me were not amused.

----Boom, ready for the next book? I am but I have no idea when I will write it. I would like to say thank you to everyone who has been patient with me and stuck with this story. I love you guys!<3