(13) Pack History

Hey everyone!!!!!! Merry Christmas I have missed writing soo much, lol it seems like it has been forever so that's why I'm not going to take a really long time to rant at you haha.

Leann POV

"What?"

"Leann do you know what a mate is?"

"Um no, should I?" Ok so I just found out that both of the guys that I liked are giant freaky wolves. I should probably be freaking out about it too, and on the inside I was. But on the outside I was cool, calm, and collected. And that was only for Liam because if I were alone eight now I would probably be screaming like bloody murder.

"Ha well you should now. Well i mean now that you know what we are."

"Oh, um ok." A mate? Hmmm

"Ok so it started back when the werewolf was first born, they were of the lonely kind and that made protecting themselves from the humans much more difficult because they were always sad and distracted.

No one could ever learn to love a monster, Ha that's how the humans of that day described us, monsters. Anyway back then only men could be werewolves and they got into so many fights that you couldn't count the number of werewolves that died. Soon the stronger werewolves became fed up with the decreasing number in our kind so they elected one single wolf to be the leader of everyone.

There were punishments for starting fights and having one leader worked for a while until the trickier wolves figured out ways to avoid his laws, everyone started to question weather one leader was really the way to go.

But they left it that way, with one single leader. That is until the king or the leader was so old that he couldn't make important decisions anymore. Instead of having a reelection they decided to break our kind up into smaller groups."

"Packs?" Or wolf packs? I don't know this all just seemed like some make believe bed time story. And I know I wouldn't believe any of it if it weren't for the fact I had just seen Liam turn into a huge wolf.

"Very good Leann, yes packs. Each pack had its own leader or Alpha and a Beta or second in charge. Some even had a third in command or an Omega. They separated out our kind until they each had a pack of their own. Each pack was assigned a certain part of the world to live in and a certain name."

"What's your packs name?"

"The Cheruke, but in our native language that means heart and soul."

"Ok but what does all of this have to do with me and being a mate?"

"Be patient Leann ill get there." He was kinda serious but he smiled to let me no that it was still him and not that wolf that I had scene earlier, I'm still not sure how that's even possible.

"This worked for much longer, but soon much more aggressive fights started to break out upon the lonely wolves and now that they had packs the fights were much bigger. The alpha of the Cheruke pack or my great great great grandpa got so tired of all the fighting that he called a meeting with all of the main alphas.

On that day the alphas decided that they had to find a way to stop the fighting and they knew that it was all because their people were lonely. They had to find a way to help out with the loneliness. The only way they could think of would be to create a she wolf. But there was still no way to be sure this would stop the wolves from being lonely. What if none of the wolves loved these new she wolves?

They new that they had to try it and that there was only one way to make a she wolf, they had to take a female woman's life and try to make her a wolf. They knew that it would work and she would become a wolf because that is how they got their sons up until then. They had bit human men and transformed them into a wolf but it was unheard of with a woman because back then women were thought of as a prize and not a piece of trash you turned into a monster."