Chapter 26

Shinobu's POV. Ubuyashiki Estate.

While Maya-san and I are on our way to the Ubuyashiki Estate, Maya-san asked me a question.

Maya: So, so......

Maya: What's the deal with you and my little brother?

Shinobu: Maybe I guess, I'll tell her. She'll be my future sister-in-law, so why not.

Shinobu: Actually, Inei and I are going out.

Maya: Really!? You and Inei are a couple!?

Shinobu: Yeah. I mean, even though we didn't tell anyone about it yet.......

Maya: It's too obvious that you're in love with my little brother.

Shinobu: W-Wha—How did you—

Maya: You can thank my intuition for that, thank you very much.

Shinobu: *sigh*

Shinobu: You really are siblings all right. Inei can easily read people through his intuition.

Maya: Father used to tell me that within our family, there are people who were born with sharp intuitions.

Maya: And with that sharp intuitions, their senses will be heightened as well. If they underwent training in training their senses, it will improve and might be even considered as inhuman.

Shinobu: So you're saying that their sight, smell, hearing, touch, and taste will be heightened in some way?

Maya: Yes. In my brother's case, his sense of sight, smell, hearing, and touch were the ones that improved.

Maya: Not to mention, when you told me that he was a former assassin.......that will support my theory.

Shinobu: Theory?

Maya: Remember when I told you that my brother was born with a birthmark that resembled into flames but the color of the said birthmark is black.

Shinobu: .........you're saying that it could be connected to that?

Maya: Father told me stories of marked swordsmen in the Sengoku Period.

Maya: And they possess great strength. Not to mention, according to my father, one of those marked swordsmen, descended down from our family.

Shinobu: So.......

Maya: When my father saw Inei's birthmark, he believed that Inei was the reincarnation of one of the legendary swordsman.

Shinobu: I have a feeling that Oyakata-sama summoned you to clarify things about your brother.

Maya: Don't worry, my father told me vital information that could probably be connected to my brother.

Maya: Also, after I buried my parents I retrieved our family records. From our ancestors and to everything about them.

Shinobu: Maybe in those records, we can find information in defeating Kibutsuji.