Chapter 44

Inei's POV. 16 years later. Butterfly Estate.

At lot has happened during 16 years after our battle with Muzan, which was later known as, "The Sunrise Countdown."

The reason? It is because we are battled Muzan and his Upper Moons, until sunrise.

And there was even another record which was called as, "The Battle of Dawn." It is where we battled Tanjiro when he was turned into the Demon King by Muzan.

A few months after those battles, the Demon Slayer Corps was formally disbanded and we were rewarded generously by the Emperor, since me, a former Hashira of the Demon Slayers, once worked and saved the life of the Emperor from a demon two times.

A few months after our recovery, Shinobu and I decided to get married and we finally had our own children. At first, I thought it is only one, but they are twins.

The elder twin, Saito Hakaru........

And the younger twin, Saito Kotori

These two are my children with my wife, Shinobu

And both of them are living their ordinary lives.

One day, when Shinobu and I are reading a letter from Maya-neechan, the twins became curious about the swords that were in display in the living room.

Kotori: Father, Kotori and I were curious about those swords.

Kotori: Yeah! And there is one who has a butterfly design.

Shinobu and I looked at each other, deciding on to tell our past or not.

We don't even know if our children would believe it.