Chapter 40

Inei's POV. Infinity Castle.

Shinobu, Kanao, Inosuke, and I are navigating the dimensional fortress via Kage's lead.

Now that only one Upper Moon is remaining........

We need to go after Muzan now or else this won't end. But the fact that the other Hashira's nichirin blades won't cut Muzan unless they turned to crimson just like mine.......

Then they won't have no chance.

But during my battle against my father, I noticed something.

When I clashed swords with my father, my blade which is usually crimson red, the color became even darker......

And when I examined my blades once more, it became too hot.

Was it because of my father's blood demon art? Did he do that? To reinforce my blade?

If that's the case, then that would be the reason why my blades' crimson color even became more darker.

We're going through the maze until......it began to violently shake and put to a halt.

Inei: !?

Shinobu: What's going on?

Kanao: The ground........

Inosuke: It's shaking!

Inei: Looks like someone finally got the one manipulating this castle.

I heightened my senses to a 500 meter radius and...........

The castle is beginning to shift violently.

I need to find the paper tags of Yushiro.

And fortunately, Inosuke found a bunch of them.

I used one of them, put it on my forehead, and Yushiro is currently fighting over control against Muzan.

A battle of wills!

Until, I began to feel the building coming up, the pressure is already building.

Inei: Shinobu, get down!

I protected Shinobu as Kanao and Inosuke separated from us.

Shinobu and I went to a safe spot and the building crashed above.........

And we're thrown out.

And fell over the wooden rubble.

Inei: Ack!

Shinobu: Ugh.......

Inei: What the hell.........

Dust, dust everywhere.........

Inei: *cough* *cough*

Inei: Wait, this change in the air.............

Inei: Shinobu, you all right?