Chapter 42

Inei's POV.

The end of the long journey.........

Kanao successfully injects the medicine to Tanjiro and as for Tanjiro, he slowly reverted back, to being human as the drug took effect.

I slowly lay him down, as Nezuko, Kanao, Zenitsu, Tomioka-san, Shinobu, Inosuke, and some of the Kakushis formed a crowd us.

Until.......

Tanjiro slowly opens his eyes, his right eye, having a pale color, meaning it got blind, and as for the left arm, it's like a withered plant.

But nonetheless, Tanjiro woke up.

And with a smile, I greeted him.

Inei: Welcome back, Tanjiro.

Tanjiro: Nii-san, Nezuko........

And a cheer erupts as Tanjiro finally wakes up.

Tanjiro: How are your injuries?

Inei: No need to worry about our injuries.......

Kanao who is holding his hand.........bursts into tears.

Kanao: Thank the gods..........

Tanjiro: Kanao..........

Everyone bursted to tears, including myself........

And I guess I can finally say, it's over........

I finally fell but Shinobu immediately caught me as I heard these words from her.

Shinobu: Job well done, Inei.

-------------------

Three Hours Later. Butterfly Estate.

I opened my eyes and I found myself at one of the rooms at the Butterfly Estate.

I slowly sat up on the bed and I saw Shinobu, sleeping beside the bed.

Inei: I see, it seems like everyone brought me here.

Inei: Thank you, Shinobu.

And I slowly jumped out from my bed. I saw Shinobu still sleeping soundly. So I quietly picked her up, put her in bed, and tucked the blanket.

I gently kissed her forehead.

Inei: Good job as well, Shinobu.

I went out of my room and I ran into Maya-neechan who suddenly embraced me when she saw me.

Maya: Thank the gods you're alive!

Inei: I promised that.........and I never break my promises, no matter what.

Maya-neechan leads me to the main hall as everyone is busy treating those who were wounded in battle. I also asked her about Tanjiro and she said that he's asleep..........