Chapter 2 - "Stay out of my thoughts."

"What the hell, Gellert." Polaris muttered softly as she stared at the man stood in front of her - the man in question was the man she deemed 'Mysterious Boy', also known as the dead member of their trio. "Gellert, what the fuck did you do?" Polaris raised her voice as she faced the man with wide eyes.

"Now in my defence..." Gellert began slowly, but paused as the three of them stood in utter silence. "Yeah, I've got nothing." Gellert muttered softly, and Polaris ran her hands through her hair in irritation. "Okay, it's not totally bad."

Mysterious Boy turned and gave the man an incredulous look, his eyes narrowed slightly. "Is it not?" Polaris asked. "Because, correct me if I'm totally tripping, but you've brought someone back from the dead." Polaris told him.

"I'm not seeing the problem." Gellert objected. "I became young, he can live again."

"He can't speak." Polaris hissed at the man. "You brought him back from the dead, and you left his voice in the land of the dead."

"I'm working on it, okay." Gellert snapped at her defensively. "I'm working on it - he's only been alive for a day or so. Give me time."

"Oh, Merlin." Polaris breathed as she moved to go into the bedroom of the hotel room they were all currently in. Polaris sat on the bed and slowly ran her hands over her face in disbelief - she couldn't believe what she had been dragged into just because she was connected to the two of them.

"So, Polaris," Gellert spoke up from the other room, "how are you seering abilities coming along?" He asked her.

"What?" Polaris asked the man in confusion, as she lifted her head from her hands and she looked towards him. "My seering abilities?"

"What I mean is can you trigger a vision whenever you want yet?" Gellert asked as he came into the doorway of the room she was in as he held a huge book in his arms, with Mysterious Boy following behind him. "Can you tell when you're about to have a vision? Has anything new happened yet?"

"No." Polaris frowned. "I just thought they'd...do it all itself."

Both of them looked at her very unimpressed, and Gellert shook his head at her in disappointment. Gellert handed Mysterious Boy the book, who began to look through it as he went back in to the other room, and Gellert sat beside her. "I am a seer, too, you know." He mused to her. "Perhaps I can help you - but I will warn you sometimes it's not the best thing to be. And, well, it's not considered to be a curse - but this hag cursed you - so my bet is that it might be a little different for you."

"Do I have to strengthen my seer abilities?" Polaris asked him. "It's just...I don't want to be a seer."

"Well, you were cursed to be one, so, you can't just choose to not be a seer." Gellert pointed out to her. "My advice is for you to research Divination methods, and try out some of them. It's not all tea reading and prophetic dreams - there are some creative methods out there."

Polaris really doubted that and scoffed at the man, and shook her head lightly. "Oh, yeah?" She asked. "Like what? Reading the stars?"

"That is one method, yes." Gellert nodded at her. "But there are others, reading the stars is a intermediate level of Divination. You're more of a beginner. There's divination through water, the weather, through flames, through blood, through sound." Gellert paused. "Though, sound divination is one of the hardest to master...it's expert level stuff. There are many more, too. It's best to stick to a few methods at a time. So, do your research!"

"Research?" Polaris questioned him. "Are you kidding me?"

"No." Gellert said.

"I'll do it later." Polaris shook it off quickly. "When I go back to Hogwarts or something. They have the books and the huge library for resources, too." Gellert gave Polaris a pointed look, and she rolled her eyes back at him. "What? I said I'd do it!"

"How do I know you'll stick to it?" Gellert questioned her curiously.

"Trust me?" Polaris asked. "Just, you know, an idea off the top of my head. You could trust me to stick to my word."

"Or you could do it right here right now." Gellert told her. "In front of me so I know you're actually doing it instead of blowing it off." Polaris rolled her eyes and she noted that it sounded incredibly boring and that she had no interest in doing that whatsoever. "It's not boring." He told her.

Polaris grabbed a pillow from the bed she was still sat on and tossed it through the air, and it hit Gellert in the chest, before it dropped down to the floor soundlessly. "Stay out of my thoughts." Polaris told him with a pointed look. "It's an invasion of privacy, and I really don't appreciate it, honestly."

"Polaris, you can trust me to not look at anything private." Gellert assured her. "You don't look at anything private in mine or his mind. You can trust me - we're bonded - I'll never do anything that crosses the line." He assured her, and as she looked over at the man, she found herself trusting him, and she felt like he'd stick to his word. And that she did appreciate.

"I do trust you." Polaris replied to him with a nod. "But that doesn't mean I'll suddenly find it interesting instead of boring. It doesn't work that way." She pointed out matter of factly, and Gellert rolled his eyes back at her. "And how about you fix him before you turn to my Seering abilities? If your teaching skills are anything like your necromancy ones, I think I want to stay far away." Gellert gave her a pointed look, which she decided to just ignore.

It was soon getting late and getting darker and she approached the room both of them were currently sat in. "I'm gonna sleep here." Polaris announced to them both. "If that's good with you both. And even if it isn't, I'm still staying, so." Polaris then turned and headed for bed since she was still quite a bit tired.