Chapter 5 - "I see someone's enjoying being a free man."

Polaris was scheduled to meet Angelina and Alicia in Diagon Alley so they could all go and see Fred and George's shop together. Polaris didn't really want to go and pretend that everything was fine when it was quite obviously not - but she had to else she'd have to give reasons as to why she wasn't showing up. Polaris had to pretend that her twin brother hadn't been murdered, she had to pretend that she hadn't become a Death Eater, she had to pretend as though she hadn't killed someone just days ago.

It was an accident, yes, but she still had killed him.

But she decided to go anyway and she appeared on the dark streets of Diagon Alley. Polaris knew that the Death Eaters had taken Ollivander, and she glanced at his shop with a small frown. She really hated that the Death Eaters would just attack and try and kill those they wanted to because they posed a threat, or because they suspected they had answers for them.

Instead of dwelling any further, she moved to join Angelina and Alicia, who were already waiting outside Weasley's Wizard Wheezes for her. Their shop was the brightest thing in Diagon Alley, since everything else was shut or not wanting to bring attention to itself. Polaris approached them with a small smile. "Merlin, it's been ages." Alicia spoke as both women moved to hug her tightly.

"We hear you're Polaris Chambers now." Angelina told her with a small smirk. Both girls were aware his parents were Death Eaters - but were unaware that he was. They were also aware that her father was in Azkaban for being a Death Eater, and she was glad to find that they didn't treat her any differently because of it.

"I am." Polaris said as she forced an excited tone into her voice, as they entered the shop. George noticed them immediately and greeted them all - Polaris noted he greeted Angelina first, and for longer. It wasn't long before George was in deep conversation with Angelina and Alicia, and she slipped away quickly. Polaris found herself looking around the store in interest when suddenly someone approached her.

"We need to talk." The voice of Nikos said firmly, and she faced him with a raised brow, and found that a young boy was with him. The boy in question was glaring at her.

"What?"

"We are talking." Nikos said as he grabbed her wrist tightly and dragged her along, and into the office that was upstairs in the shop. Fred looked up upon seeing them all and frowned in confusion, but he simply stood and left them all alone in the room. Once he had left Nikos waved his wand around the room. "No one can overhear this for both our sakes."

"Why am I here?" Polaris asked him as she ran a hand through her hair.

"You." Nikos suddenly spat at her. "Did you truly think that it wouldn't get back to anyone about what's happened?" Polaris looked at the man and shook her head at him, still a tad confused. "Do you know who this is, Polaris?"

"A child?"

"This is Perseus Sallow." Nikos revealed to her, and Polaris' eyes widened as she turned to look at the younger boy. "Yes, that's right. You helped murder his entire family, Polaris. He saw everything that happened through the Sallow's security systems - you murdered his brother." Nikos shook his head at her. "He found their bodies! You're a Death Eater." He hissed.

Polaris moved to sit down on a chair and ran her hands through her hair. "It's not my fault-"

"Not your fault?" Nikos hissed harshly at her. "You killed his brother!"

"He attacked me." Polaris defended herself quickly. "It was an accident, and you have no idea how bad I feel for being the reason he's dead."

"Do you really expect me to believe you?" Nikos asked her with a laugh of disbelief. "You're a Death Eater, and your husband is a Death Eater. How can I trust you? For all I know you could enjoy being a Death Eater, and you were probably in on the attack on you and Rhaegar and Iola. I mean, I wouldn't be surprised, you're happily with a man who's gonna - "