Chapter 6 - "It's got nothing to do with trust."

It was 5:30pm, and Polaris climbed from the bed, where Amias was asleep, and she let out a small sigh, before she moved to get dressed to go and have dinner with Sirius and Regulus. She was sure that Remus and Rhaegar would be there, along with Gellert. Polaris was quick to pull on a dress, and a cloak, before she left a note for Amias telling her that she'd gone out. Polaris then left the manor and disapparated with a crack.

Once she arrived at Sirius' new property did she ring the doorbell, and just seconds later did Remus Lupin open the door. "Polaris, come on in." Remus told her kindly. "I can take your cloak for you." Polaris shrugged it off and thanked him, before she ventured out through the home and found everyone else in the sitting room all talking with one another. Regulus, Sirius and Rhaegar were all talking while Gellert and Nikos were off to the side playing a game of chess.

Gellert was the first to notice her and was instantly up and brought her into a hug. "Polaris." He spoke as he let her go. "Merlin, it's been ages. I've felt your absence so personally, and we never know if we can speak with you through, well, you know, because someone could read your mind with where you reside."

"No one can read my mind there." Polaris assured him.

Before Gellert could speak with her anymore Regulus joined them, and he asked to speak with her in the drawing room. Polaris went with him without another word and they both sat down in the separate room, and as they did he looked at her left arm that was exposed, with the dark mark showing. "I'm a terrible godfather." He told her. "I should've kept you far away from...those people. Those terrible people." He told her.

"No, you're not, Regulus." Polaris told him gently. "You've done more to protect me from them than my father ever has. And, well, this wasn't a decision someone could have stirred me from."

"And what decision is that?" Regulus asked her. "Following him out of fear?"

"No." Polaris replied simply. "I'm following him because he's a means to an end. Being a Death Eater allows me to get alone time with Amias' parents so I can kill them, and it also gives me room to not be blamed for their death."

"Oh, Polaris!" Regulus muttered. "You...you have no idea what they're all like. When I was younger I was sent to do a task, and...it was horrible. I still see it all in my dreams - I don't want that for you."

Polaris looked at Regulus slowly. "My revenge plan isn't the only reason I became one." Polaris said softly, and this immediately made Regulus look up at her. "He...he assigned Draco a job, but...I couldn't let him do it. So, I switched our places and now I'm doing it - to save and protect my brother. The only one I have left."

"What's the job?" Regulus asked her.

But Polaris shook her head at him. "I can't tell you." Polaris told him. "So, just, please understand that I joined the Death Eaters to protect my mother and brother. And most importantly, understand that whatever I do to other people is so he doesn't kill my last brother, or my mother." Tears welled up in her eyes as she looked at the man before her, and he was worried by what she was saying. "I need you to understand that because I know how much you hate the Death Eaters - I can feel how much you hate them. So, please, just understand." She wiped her eyes.

Regulus was very worried about what Voldemort had her doing, and he did understand. He understood more than most what Voldemort was like, he understood her need to protect her mother and brother - especially since her twin brother had been killed already. He didn't want her to do whatever horrid job he had her doing but knew he wouldn't be able to convince her otherwise. So, he knew the best thing he could do was to stand beside her in her decisions and her acts. Even if they were horrible, because he knew she only did them to protect the ones she loved.