Chapter 14 - "Lucky me, right?"

The Hallowe'en feast seemed to take much longer than usual. Perhaps it was because it was their second feast in two days, or because her headaches and migraines had gotten worse. Mysterious Boy and Gellert told her they would just keep appearing and would get more painful, at least until her body got used to the mental connection and the seer thing, not to mention the 'just knowing things'.

They told her that the headaches and migraines  was a reaction her brain had towards gaining all the information at once. It was supposed to come to her slowly and easily, but because her parents prevented it, and they had bonded before she knew anything, it would get more and more painful, but they were always there to help her when she needed the help.

Everyone else it seemed, was all excited and anxious as to know who the three champions were. She was not, due to already knowing who the champions were. She was just in pain from the dull aches and sudden sharp pains her head, and annoyed that they would come at any given time. Mysterious Boy had told her that the best way to allow her brain to get used to the curses effects was a very deep sleep, or to be put under a coma for 24 hours.

Though, she didn't want to, she knew if she did that, people would ask questions, more importantly her brothers and cousins. Questions she didn't want to answer. So, she decided to suffer through the pain. She knew Madam Promfrey was getting suspicious as to all the times she had headaches or migraines, but could blame them on nerves of the NEWTs.

Finally, the golden plates returned back to their original clear and spotless state, Polaris felt a strong tenseness in the hall, and she guessed they were all itching to know who the champions were.

"Well, the Goblet is almost ready to make its decision," Dumbledore announced to the hall full of anxious students. She saw her cousins and brothers looking anxious as well. "I estimate that it requires one more minute. Now, when the champions' names are called, I would ask them please to come up to the top of the Hall, walk along the staff table, and go through into the next chamber where they will be receiving their first instructions!"

Dumbledore gave a wave of his wand, extinguishing all lights, except for those in the carved pumpkins, giving the hall a eerie look in semi-darkness. The Goblet of Fire shone brighter than anything in the whole Hall, while her one silver eye shone in the darkness, the Goblet was brighter. The Goblet's fire was almost painful to look at in the dim light.

"Merlin, the Goblet is taking its sweet time!" The voice of Mysterious Boy echoed through her head.

"I know, at this point, I just want to sleep on my headache. I can't keep going back to Pomfrey, she'll get suspicious!" She thought out to the two of them.

"Maybe, but they're just gonna get worse if you don't go into that deep sleep, or the coma!" Gellert informed her.

"I'm not doing that!" She thought out to the two of them, as she watched the Goblet turned from blue-white fire to red, and watched as a charred piece of paper flew through the air gracefully, before Dumbledore caught it.

"The champion for Durmstrang will be," Dumbledore announced as he read the parchment. "Viktor Krum!"

There were screams, cheers and yells, and she instantly winced at the loudness of everyone cheering for the Durmstrang champion. She just wanted to start whacking her head off the mahogany table in front of her, but that would raise some suspicions, so she just stayed still and watched as Krum exited and went to the room, as instructed.

"Oh, Polaris! I feel for you, the amount of cheers you're about to endure!" Gellert spoke inside her head and she rolled her eyes.

"Ha ha!" She thought sourly. "Lucky me, right?" But neither of them answered her, so she concentrated on the Goblet as it's fire turned from blue-white to red, once again. Another piece of parchment flew out of the Goblet, and Dumbledore caught it with ease, again.

"The champion for Beauxbatons will be," Dumbledore spoke as he held the parchment in his hand. "Fleur Delacour!"

Delacour, that sounded familiar to her, almost like she had history with her. But she couldn't remotely remember anything with that family name. Suddenly, cheers and applause sounded through her ears, and she winced with a small jump.

She wondered if she'd be able to sneak out of the hall, to get away from all the atrocious noise that caused her pain every time someone cheered or clapped for a champion. She wondered if she'd get caught halfway, and that would be rather embarrassing. So, she just decided on staying at the table, and enduring the noise.

"The Hogwarts champions," Dumbledore called out. "is Cedric Diggory!"

She quickly slipped her hands over her ears, as the Hufflepuff table was the next one over, and she most definitely didn't fancy hearing their cheers as loud as the others. She watched as everyone on the Hufflepuff table stood and started cheering, yelling and stamping. "Here we go!" She muttered as Cedric disappeared from the hall, and she removed her hands.

Potter was going to be announced any second, and she could see that the Cup was still lit with blue-white flames, flames that weren't supposed to be there, as the three champions had been selected. But, it seemed no one but her noticed this.

"Excellent," Dumbledore began. "Well, we now have our three champions. I am sure I can count upon all of you, including the remaining students of Beauxbatons and Durmstrang, to give your champions every ounce of support you can muster. By cheering your champion on, you will contribute in a very real-"

But he stopped, and she internally cheered for him to finally notice the Cup, and upon noticing Dumbledore's distraction, they also noticed the Cup. "3, 2, 1!" She counted down, and as she got to one, the blue-white turned red for the last time, and a piece of parchment soared out of the Goblet and fluttered towards the ground.

Dumbledore reaches for it, and he was silent for quite some time, until he finally spoke. "Harry Potter!" He said.

It was like a tsunami of silence had crashed through the Great Hall, as all you could hear was white noise buzzing. While everyone faced Potter, she simply rest her head against the palm of her hand, and waited for them to be released. Her relaxed and unbothered state was noticed by Dumbledore, Karkaroff and Moody.

"Harry Potter!" He called again. "Harry! Up here if you please!" She watched as Harry nervously walked up and she toned the rest of it out. It wasn't really important to her.

She also knew Potter being a champion wasn't going to be good in any prospect. The Slytherins would hate him even more for it, because he's a Gryffindor and because he's Harry Potter. The Hufflepuffs will loathe him for taking the glory off of them, she knew Hufflepuff rarely had their chance to step out of the shadows, especially with the Gryffindors parading around. Though, she guessed they made it up by having less dark wizards in their house, ever. Polaris was pretty sure the Ravenclaws wouldn't mind that much, but she wasn't completely sure.

Soon after Dumbledore, Karkaroff, Madame Maxine, Moody and Snape had disappeared, they were allowed to go to bed by McGonagall. Polaris stood up and headed for her common room. She was eager to sleep on the headache currently bugging her.