Chapter 4 - "I already know what my reality is."

It was the next day and Polaris' job was to sneak into a ball that the Sallow's, the wizarding family they were there for, were hosting. The Sallow's lived in a homey looking and old fashioned chateau - Polaris assumed it had been passed down through the generations of the Sallow's. Polaris didn't know much about the Sallow's other than their names. There was Victor Sallow and his wife, Caroline Sallow - they had four children. The eldest son was named Leopold and he was around 21, next was their daughter Macey who was 19, and their second son, Julian, who was 17. Lastly, was their youngest son, Perseus, who was 16 - but he wasn't at home, he lived at his private school at a location none of them knew.

Polaris was stood in the small apartment that Bellatrix and Greyback had acquired for them - she was 100% sure they had killed the muggle family that lived here. Polaris was stood in a fancy dress that Bellatrix had told her to bring along since she had to infiltrate the ball and let them in. Greyback had said that the Sallow's would recognise them, so she had to let them in through some kind of tunnels that ran beneath the property.

Bellatrix had assured her that she wouldn't need to harm or kill anyone since this was her very first mission - she said it was to just introduce her and make her used to the things they committed as Death Eaters. Bellatrix said that herself, Amias, the Dark Lord and her mother all agreed that she shouldn't be expected to kill someone straight away. Polaris knew that this was mainly because they didn't want to scare her or chase her away since she was an important asset to them.

"You'll be able to find the tunnels easy." Greyback assured her gruffly. "Me and Bellatrix will be waiting outside for you to come and let us in. Get there fast, and let us in, and we'll do the rest."

"Do not speak to anyone if you can help it." Her aunt Bellatrix told her firmly. "The Sallow's are highly respected within the MACUSA. If they were to find out a British witch was sniffing around before they were killed, it may lead the MACUSA to possibly get involved with our ministry. The Dark Lord would not want that."

"I understand." Polaris nodded back at her aunt. Bellatrix hummed and Polaris moved to pull her dark hair up, and transfigured her wand into a hair clip that kept it all up.

Polaris arrived outside the Sallow property with a pop, and approached where she saw people entering through the main doors ahead. Polaris was surprised at how easy she was able to get into the property - they didn't even stop her. They looked at her and didn't do anything, they just let her past. Polaris knew they wanted to get rid of the Sallow's quickly and efficiently, so she swiftly turned a corner and went to head towards the tunnels entrance.

However, as she did she bumped right into someone, and when she looked towards them she recognised it to be Leopold - the eldest child. Before she could quickly apologise to the man, he opened his mouth and spoke to her. "What was your latest dream?" He asked her.

Polaris was thrown off by the question and tilted her head to the side in confusion. "What?" Polaris asked him, and she shook her head lightly.

"What was your latest dream?" He asked her again.

Polaris shrugged back at him and became aware that she should hurry up to the tunnels and that she shouldn't be talking with him in front of everyone. "I don't remember." Polaris told him, and she glanced around her surroundings carefully. She luckily found that no one was paying any attention to them.

"I could help you remember if you wish." Leopold told her, and she snapped her head back so she was facing him again, and furrowed her brows at him in confusion. He saw she was very confused and continued. "You see, our dreams can show us our reality in a way the eyes can't. Our eyes can shield us from the truth to our reality - they protect us from finding out how our own personal reality is like. But our dreams...they shield nothing and protect us from nothing. They give us the full picture."