Chapter 8 - "I have no care for what happens to him, he's not my cousin!"

Polaris was walking through the halls, when she heard someone call out to her. "Miss Malfoy!" It said. She spun round and saw Dumbledore walking towards her. "I think me and you should have a discussion in my office!"

She did nothing, but followed the man through the castles corridors and halls, to where they finally arrived at his office. He lead her up the many stairs and into his office, where he sat down at his desk and gestures for her to take the seat in front of him.

Because she was raised properly, and not on a farm, she closed the door behind her and walked over to the seat. The Phoenix in the corner of the room looked over at her in interest, and tilted us head to the side. She looked at it and raised a brow at the animal. Suddenly, it let out a shrill cry, making Dumbledore look between the two in interest. "Weird bird!" She muttered as she took to the seat and noticed a familiar man on the wall.

"Oh, I see you've found your, What?" Dumbledore asked the Malfoy girl as he looked between her and the portrait of the sleeping Phineas Black.

"Great, great, great grandfather, I believe!" She answered as she looked up at the man. "Didn't think you'd have his portrait up, with him being a Slytherin and everything!" Dumbledore just looked at her, and ignored her comment.

"Now, Miss Malfoy!" Dumbledore began. "Your behaviour in the hall just was unacceptable! Acting the way you did to Professor Moody! Then walking out of the hall! You know Hogwarts doesn't tolerate bad behaviour or failure to follow rules!"

She laughed at the man before her, making him furrow his brows at the girl. "There are so many things wrong with what your saying right now, I have no idea which to start with!" She seemed to think. "I'll think I'll start by telling you to not lie to me! Don't lie to me, Dumbledore."

"I'm afraid I don't understand!" Dumbledore told her.

"Hogwarts doesn't tolerate bad behaviour or failure to follow rules. Don't lie to me, you and I both know that a lot of that happens in this school, that you let pass! Starting with the fact that Harry Potter and his horrible friends have broken school rules since they started school. Professors hear the twins and Pettigrew making tiny little comments on my eye, you also allow that to happen. Don't insult me, I know more than I let on, and don't pretend that you didn't allow Potter and Granger to go back in time, to let Sirius Black escape last year, so don't you dare say you don't tolerate bad behaviour or failure to follow rules!" She snapped at the Headmaster.

He just looked at her and allowed her to carry on. "So, don't pick up on my apparent bad behaviour, when you allow them to run around and do what they want!" She finished, wanting to know what he had to say about that.

"Well, I saw fit to allow them to do that to save Sirius from the Dementors Kiss." Dumbledore answered. "You and I both know that Sirius didn't do what he was accused of, and he spent 12 years in Azkaban. Shouldn't you be happy about that, they helped your cousin!"

"I have no care for what happens to him, he's not my cousin. He's my mothers cousin!" She answered. "I don't know him, he doesn't know me!"

"Anyway, a innocent man was in mortal danger, and I saw fit to allow them to save him!" Dumbledore told her. "However, your behaviour towards Moody, was unacceptable!"

"Was it really?" She asked as she tilted her head to the side in mock questioning.

"Of course it was, you mockingly clapped, then you glared at him. Then you left the hall!" Dumbledore told her. "How can you be so disrespectful to a new Professor, it makes our school look bad!"

"How dare you invite that, beast, to come and teach us!" She snapped back at the old man. "Couldn't you have found someone more acceptable?"

"He is acceptable, and is a trusted adult!" Dumbledore answered her with a soft tone, making her narrow her eyes at him.

"Moody acceptable?" She raised her voice, waking a few old headmasters as she did so, including her great, great, great grandfather. "Did you not think of all of your students when hiring him? Oh, of course you didn't, you don't seem to care for a single Slytherin. If my bloods boiling at the sight of the man, I can't even imagine how Cygnus and Septimus are feeling!"

"Why would they hate Moody?" Dumbledore asked her, but she could see in his eyes that he knew exactly why they would.

"Don't even act like you don't know, you know he killed their parents! You know he killed my aunt and uncle." She raised her voice even more and she felt her great, great, great grandfathers eyes on her. "That's like hiring my aunt, Bellatrix Lestrange, to teach Neville. That's like getting Barty Crouch Jr to teach Neville. Like getting bloody Voldemort to teach Harry!"

"Miss Malfoy, I understand your anger, and rage!" Dumbledore told her. "But could you not raise your voice? I'm sure there's a nice and calm approach to this situation!"

"I don't believe the same!" She told the man. "He's as mad as a hatter, and I don't believe I can be taught by him!"

"Now, Miss Malfoy!" Dumbledore began. "While I understand why you don't want to be near the man, I do think that you are reacting a little harshly towards the man. Couldn't you, perhaps, put it behind you? Or at least be the bigger person!"

A thought wormed it's way into her brain, she had no idea where it came from, and had no idea what it meant, but the words already slipped out of her mouth. "Like you were the bigger person when your sister got killed during that three-way duel!"

She watched as Dumbledore's face dropped and he looked rather angry. She bit the inside of her cheek and awaited his answer, he knew she'd probably be in trouble for that. "Polaris, that's incredibly rude!" Phineas scolded his family member. "How'd you even know about that?"

The boy from her dreams words floated through her mind. "I, I don't know!" She told Phineas as she sighed. She looked to her Headmaster, who was staring off in the distance. "Professor?" She asked unsure.

He looked at her, and could tell she had hit a major nerve. "I apologise, for my, comment! I have no idea where that came from, and, I apologise if the comment caused you any grief. It was out of turn!" She apologised with a slight cringe. "I will not apologise for my behaviour in the hall though! Moody deserve that! But, I'll do my best to be the bigger person!"

"Why the sudden change of heart?" Dumbledore questioned the Malfoy with a suspicious look sent her way.

"Someone once told me: You'll always have a choice: what's right, and what's easy! I implore you to do what's right! So, I'm listening to his advice, and I'm doing what's right!" She answered.

Dumbledore knew he always said something similar to that, and he had never really spoken to Polaris, so she didn't get that from him. "Who said that?" Dumbledore asked her.

She looked at him with a look he couldn't decipher. Polaris couldn't see any harm in telling him the truth of where she had heard that, he'd probably just write it off, so she told him the truth. "From a boy, in my dream!" She answered, and her comment made him furrow his brows. "Also, if Mood does something to me, or anyone in my family, I won't stand back and allow it!" She the turned round and left the office.

Dumbledore sat there in wonder. "A boy in her dream told her that!" He repeated. "But, people can barely remember their dreams! Let alone what is said in them, all except Harry. But he....but what if...what if she has dreams like Harry!"

"Ding-Ding!" A cry interrupted his thoughts. He looked over to see Phineas. "Curses are common in her family!"