Chapter 16 - "You're such a psycho!"

Amias was waiting outside the Three Broomsticks as usual when she arrived, and he was quick to join her and he greeted her with a kiss to the forehead, and he instantly brought her hand into his. "It's packed right now." Amias told her. "Guess all the students are using their time out here to their advantage. Instead of, you know, sneaking out like someone I know." He gave her a pointed look.

"Sneaking out?" Polaris asked. "Whoever has been sneaking out?"

"Oh, just this woman I know." Amias mused as they began to walk away from Three Broomsticks. "She's like yay-high," he gently placed a hand on top of her head, "dark hair, a Malfoy - though she's soon to be a Chambers. Maybe you know her, her name is Polaris - named after the most famous star in the sky. Oh, and she's the most gorgeous woman I've ever seen."

Polaris couldn't help the smile that spread across her lips. "Is that so?" Polaris mused. "She sounds pretty amazing."

"She is."

In the end, Amias ended up taking Polaris to Honeydukes, and Polaris was looking around for some things to get. She was looking at some lollipops that changed your hair colour, when she felt Amias join her. "People are staring." He whispered to her softly.

"That's because they have nothing better to do." Polaris replied as she picked up a lollipop. "And because I'm getting married to you and they all know so. Gossip travels through that castle faster than anything." She told him as she moved to get something else, and he followed behind her.

"You know, I was thinking that maybe we could go to a little gathering in a few moments." He told her, and she looked at him curiously. "Just a small gathering - my old school are setting up a little party thing. I'll be there for business, I was gonna miss it but I want to show them all my lovely fiancée. But I will miss it if you don't want to go." He explained to her.

"How long would we be there?" Polaris asked him as she moved to get into the line to pay for her stuff. "I mean, I don't want to get back to the castle too late." He assured her not too late and that as soon as she wanted to leave, they would. "Okay. We can go to this gathering." She told him as she handed the woman her things.

Once her things were paid for - which he had swooped in and paid for before she could - they left the shop and they walked off to a more secluded place so that he could disapparated them there. Once they arrived he was quick to usher them inside a manor. It was about the same size as Malfoy Manor, and was slightly less as pretty as Malfoy Manor. Once they arrived he led her to the drawing room, and it was full of people, which made her eyes widen slightly. There was a lot of people - more than she was expecting.

Amias put a hand on the small of her back as he led her through a crowd, and she was aware of a few people looking over. "Just keep in mind that some of these people are vampires." Amias whispered to her softly as he leant close to her. "Do not accept anything off of them - you're a new face." Polaris nodded softly as they joined a group of men by the drinks table.

Amias got her a drink and handed it to her as the men all stared. "Well, who's this, Chambers?" The one closest to her asked - he was a tall, dark haired, and he had dark skin. She was very well aware of him staring at her silver eye, but she was used to people doing that so she ignored him.

"Alex, this is my fiancée, Polaris Malfoy." Amias replied to the man. "Polaris, this is Alex, Jayce, Jonah and Isiah."

Polaris smiled at all of the men politely. "It's nice to meet you all." Polaris mused.

"What is she?" The man known as Jonah asked as his bright blue eyes looked her up and down, Jayce elbowed him sharply. "Witch? Vampire? Though she looks like a shifter with that eye of hers." Jayce elbowed him once more and Polaris narrowed her eyes slightly.