Chapter 1 - "Perhaps you mean older?"

Polaris was sat in the drawing room of her new home - she was reading a book. It had been just about 4 weeks since she had left Hogwarts forever for the world - a cruel and dark world, albeit. It had been 2 weeks since she had married Amias Chambers and she had went from Polaris Malfoy to Polaris Chambers. She thought it had quite a ring to it despite who she was married to.

Polaris, of course, still loved Amias. But she was much more aware of the fact that he was a Death Eater, and just because she loved him didn't change the fact that he was just as cruel and horrible as the rest of them. Polaris hadn't spoken to her friends since she said goodbye to them on the train. Polaris had talked to Regulus and Gellert telepathically just yesterday.

Polaris currently had the house to herself since Amias was out with the Dark Lord - she knew they were most likely discussing her punishment for the deal that occurred in the Department of Mysteries. So, she wasn't exactly looking forward to that but as Atticus said - she was gonna have to just suck it up and get over it. Another thing, Polaris hadn't been asked to join the Death Eaters yet, which surprised her quite deeply.

But she was glad for it.

Polaris had soon grown bored of the book and she went to go and do something else when their owl swooped in and dropped a letter in her lap. The owl took a lap of the room, before it flew out of the room. Polaris picked the letter up from her lap and looked at the letter. She vaguely recognised the writing, but she didn't try to guess who it was from. Instead she simply just opened her letter.

Polaris

I had the idea that perhaps we should all have a nice family dinner to lift the spirits of us all. All the cousins will be there, and I know you're not all too busy, so you have no excuse on not attending.

I expect to see you at the dinner. It's the day after tomorrow - see you then.

Arcturus

Polaris frowned down at the letter in her hands slightly, she had no idea why they would need a family dinner. She couldn't see why a family dinner was in order, there was no use for one, but she shrugged it off. She guessed that she could attend, after all she was part of the reason why her father was still away in Azkaban. It was the least she could do, and she was still working on getting the others to lighten up around her once more.

Polaris left the letter on the side and Polaris headed upstairs to look for a nice outfit for the dinner - she had nothing better to do after all. Polaris was unaware that married life would be like this - her just sitting around with nothing to do. It was boring and she hated it. In her eyes, this little family dinner of theirs couldn't come quick enough - it was the only thing she had to do.

Once she reached upstairs she began to look through her wardrobe for the perfect outfit for a little dinner and a reunion with all of her cousins. She hadn't seen some of them since before she had become the talented Seer she was - though she had heard that Aerys was married now, which she found nice. He hadn't been at her wedding as he couldn't make it but she didn't mind. The less her cousins are around Death Eaters the more relaxed she was.

She had been looking in her closet for a while when she had finally found a nice red dress. It was a long red dress, and it had long lace sleeves and she liked it quite a bit. It was a gift off of her mother, and she was thinking of wearing some heels with it.

Just as she put the outfit away from the dinner did Amias joined her in the room. "What's this?" Amias asked her as he held a letter in his hands, and she turned to see that it was the letter that Arcturus had sent her.

"There's gonna be a little dinner." Polaris told him with a shrug. "It's a little get together or something." She replied as she closed the closet door, and she moved past him and decided to go and get some food from the kitchen since she was quite hungry. Amias followed behind her.