Chapter 5 - "They attacked, children. Muggle or not, that's horrible!"

Polaris seemed to slowly re-emerge from her very intense thought track, and only then did she establish that she was there, sitting with the Weasleys, when her family were out there somewhere. She probably knew that they were unharmed, but were worried sick about her disappearance.

She was about to jump up and race out of the woods and run all the way back to one of her family's camps. When suddenly something caught her eye in the sky, she stood up and looked up at the sky, squinting at the green symbol in the sky. When she realised what it was, her heart stopped and stomach dropped.

She dropped back down to the floor and started kicking a stump of grass by her feet. She let all her anger and rage out on the grass, and once she felt relatively calmer, she looked to see the grass was no longer there and that she had kicked it up. But, she instantly regretted it once she felt the painful ache in her toes, she was still barefooted.

Everyone seemed to notice the symbol in the sky and were all muttering quietly with one another. "What's that?" Ginny asked her brothers.

"It doesn't matter!" Sammie assured her.

"Well, it clearly does!" Ginny remarked. "Everyone's muttering about it!"

"Ginny, it doesn't matter!" Fred repeated what Sammie has told her previously, and this made Polaris roll her eyes.

"But, I wanna know!" Ginny whined at her older brother. It was quite annoying, so she decided to tell the girl what it was.

"It's the Dark Mark!" She piped up as she avoided their gaze. "Back when You-Know-Who was in power, whenever he or any of his followers killed in a premises, they would leave that mark above the household they had killed in, to show everyone that they couldn't be beaten and that they could go around killing all they want, and no one could stop them!"

"But, why is it in the air now?" Ginny questioned. "You-Know-Who is dead, Harry killed him when he was an infant! What could possibly be the purpose to put that in the sky?"

"I believe that some of You-Know-Who's old followers thought it'd be fun to scare the witches and wizards, thought it'd be a laugh to destroy a perfect night!" She began. "And someone who's still loyal to You-Know-Who and believes he's alive, decided to show them all that they are nothing and that they had betrayed him!"

The twins and Sammie watched and listened to the conversation between Polaris Malfoy and their little sister. Polaris was actually being nice and kind for once, and for a moment they almost, almost, forgot that she was a Malfoy. They began to wonder if there truly was another side to Polaris, one that was completely different to the cold and unwelcoming girl. Or they wondered if it was just the shock of the attack that made her react nicely.

They wondered what she would have had to see to make her become nice for a bit, then it clicked. Her father. Maybe she had seen her father tormenting the muggles for no reason, but then they remembered that she was a prejudiced snob and didn't care for muggles and muggle-borns. So, it couldn't be that. But that was the only thing that came to mind. So they just stared at her like she was a foreign object.

"Have you seen it in the air before?" Ginny asked the girl. "Have you ever seen it in the air, while You-Know-Who was still in power?" This question caused the twins and Sammie to internally wince.

The question caught her off guard a little bit, she looked to the floor a little bit, but looked up and over at the small ginger girl. She had seen it before, and she didn't like it. She was only a small girl when she saw it, and it was as clear as anything in her mind. "I have!" She simply told the girl. She remembered being with her godfathers friends, Raphael Santanico, and they were out walking.