Chapter XI

Lexa's Pov

Clarke and I started to ran fast into the woods to escape the Pauna who was few feets away from us and we could hear the heavy sound of it's foot steps behind us. My heart was pounding hard in my chest and I was running out of breath.

Suddenly we heard a whistling coming in distance which caused the Pauna to get distracted. Clarke and I looked back to see the Pauna roaring in anger as his attention went to the person who whistled.

I looked to see no one else but Trikova, drawing an arrow in her bow and releasing it just to hit the Pauna right in his eye and the animal groaned loudly that people in miles away could probably hear him. She draw another arrow quickly waisting no time and hit the other eye impressively.

She had sharp eyes to be able to hit her target so accurate from that far.

The Pauna road and started to smash the trees in anger. He pulled out a tree from it's roots and threw it at her but she was good enough to dodge it.

Unfortunately me taking a step back caused a sound of scratching under my feet and Pauna's attention was back to us again.

He started to run after us and slamming his hands around on the ground as we started to flee away from him.

Clarke escaped but one hard slam of the Pauna under my feet threw me away for a distance that I didn't noticed I was at the edge of a cliff. I rolled on the ground and slipped off but I managed to grab a rock to help myself from falling.

I looked under my feet to witness the empty space under me till the bottom of the valley.

One of my hands slipped away because I was injured in my arm and the other one was starting to slip too "crish!.." I cursed.

My hand slipped off the edge and I felt my heart stopped at the thought of falling that distance all the way down but suddenly someone grabbed my hand in time.

"Hold on Heda!" She shouted.

I looked up to see Trikova, laying down on the edge, grabbing me by hand with full strength.

She looked into my eyes and it made me feel that she's not going to let me die today.

I could hear the sound of other warriors behind her, including Anya making me know Trikova wasn't alone. They were fighting the Pauna.

My hand was sweaty and I wasn't able to hold my grib.

"Don't let go! Give me your other hand!" She Exclaimed.

I tried to raise my other hand but my shoulder was in pain.

"I can't! It's injured" I shouted.

She groaned loudly as she put all of her strength in pulling me up. Trikova shockingly pulled me off enough to grabb me by the shoulder with her other hand and dragged me over the edge, both of us falling on a side.

Breathing heavily, I helped myself up to find her rolling on a side holding her chest in pain. I went to her side to check on her and found her groaning.

"Are you alright?!" I asked her worriedly. I felt my heart clench, seeing her pain. Surprisingly I felt sympathy for her. A feeling that I didn't knew I had for a stranger.

She took a deep breath and stood up, nodding her head and I felt somehow relieved.

"Are you Heda?" She asked, looking at me, putting her hand on my shoulder.

"Thanks to you." I nodded and took a look at the valley that I almost fell down from.

The loud noises of the Pauna took our attention. Our warriors were still fighting it.