Chapter XV

We sneaked into the woods carefully not to get spotted and more time that it past, the more the sun started to rise.

But finally we spotted the shoter.

"We'll split here. Trikova and I will approach him from the other side so we don't get spotted." Turgut whispered his plan and Heda nodded in reply.

Turgut and I went the other way but we heard Clarke shots fire with her gun and it distracted him. He got up and started aiming at them and fired, his back exposed to us.

I got my opportunity and draw my arrow and releasing it, hit him right into his neck from behind and watched him as he fell to the ground.

We approached the shoter and Lincoln, Clarke and Commander came out of their cover, meeting us next to him.

"Nice shot Trikova." Lincoln commented and I nodded, taking a breath in relief.

Lincoln sounded the horn, letting the people in the village know that the mountain man shoter was dead.

"We better get back and help the others." Turgut suggested and Heda gave him a nodd.

We didn't stopped there and hurried back to the village to help the survivors.

As we got into the village the people who survived, gathered around, Watching the Commander still alive.

"Heda! Heda!.." they cheered, picking up their weapons.

Heda held her hand up to make the crowd be quiet.

"What happened here will not stand! The dead will be avenged!" She shouted, raising her sword and the warriors shouted her name.

I looked at Turgut and he did the same.

Both of knowing that the Commander and Clarke knew about the missile but we knew it wasn't our job to interfere.

We walked away and helped with the injured and tried to get out the survivors that were stucked under the ruins.

I know that's why Clarke hurried back from Arkadia for but it was for me to judge her. I deeply knew it was Commander's decision.

Next day..

On the next morning Skaikru choose to take the wounded to Arkadia to be able to treat them and Commander ordered for the rest to shelter into the woods where the Army stayed hidden.

They had tents placed outside the range of the acid fog, waiting for Bellamy to send a signal to let us know that the Acid fog is down so we could attack the mountain.

Later on that day when I went looking for Anya to talk to her about the fact that I know of her plans and tell her about Gustus, I ended up over hearing her conversation with someone in her tent.

I stayed there without outing myself to listen to their conversation.

From their voices, I recognised that it was Indra who she was talking to.

"So what the scout said about the mountain men's offer?..." Indra said..

"They offered to free our people but Heda has to break the alliance with Skaikru when we get to the mountain's gate and all the grounders must retreat. Those were the terms of the deal." Anya informed.

"And Heda? Did she took the deal?" Indra asked.

"What do you think? We'll get our people and no more lives we'll sacrifice." Anya answered.

Commander is going to betray the Skaikru!...

They will get our people out and let them die!