Chapter VIII

Hardly keeping herself on her feet, Trikova walked towards the gate of Arkadia with Anya supporting her. Peace, her horse followed them behind.

"The fate of both of our people are in your hands Anya. I hope you can convince your Commander to make peace with us." Was what Clarke said to them. And yes it was in Anya's hands. Can she convince her Commander?

Noticing Trikova fixing the shawl to cover her face for couple of times made Anya ask. "Why do you cover your face? Is it that bad?" She asked blankly.

Trikova got annoyed by the question. Anya thinks the girl hides her face for being...ugly. but no that wasn't the reason. Yes it was a little maybe but Trikova was more worried on being recognized, not judged.

"You really making me wish that I shouldn't have saved you." Trikova shock her head. Anya let out a chuckle at her response nodding her head.

"Okay..sorry. thank you actually.....for saving my life. I owe you Warrior." She spoke and looked at the girl. Both looked at each other for a second but Someone's shouting broke their eye contact.

"TRIKOVA!..." Turgut shouted running towards them with Bisson behind. The two had already made it halfway towards the grounders camp.

"Trikova! What happened? You okay? Got us worried!" The man spoke, his eyebrows furrowed.

"She'll be. You trained a strong warrior Turgut." Anya answered for the girl. Turgut gave a thank you nodd for Anya and without waiting anymore he picked up Trikova in his arms and hurried back. Bisson led Trikova's horse but his eyes didn't miss Anya's. The man froze in his place for a second not realizing himself staring. It's not the first time he did this.

The woman played with the grape of her sword to frighten the man and make him stop.

"Uhh.....thank you...for saving her life." He spoke embarrased.

"Actually she saved mine." Anya said raising her head to look at the man. She noticed his nervousness. "You should go to your leader."

"Right....right. We sho... should keep going." Bisson rambled nervously. He embarrassingly turned around, leading the horse behind him.

"Trikova what happened? How did you ended up here?" Turgut asked.

Trikova laid down on the bed inside Turgut's tent. Her chest was hurting even though she was hiding it from others.

"I fell off my horse and when I got up...you were out of my sight. And then.....I saw them..." She explained.

"Them?"

"The Skaikru girl and...that Anya woman. They were attacked by reapers while escaping the mountain men." Trikova spoke but the sudden changes in her voice made Turgut realize that the girl was in pain.

He nodded at the girl and placed his hand on her cheek. "Rest for now. Okay? Don't worry about anything." He spoke with a gentle smile and the girl nodded.

Turgut walked out of the tent letting the girl to rest.

Anya meeting Trikova didn't sound like a good idea. This puts the girl in spotlight.

'What if they come after her? What if the truth comes out? The girl life will be in danger!.' He battled with himself in his thoughts.

Anya walked into Commander's tent, taking her and everyone inside by suprise.

"Anya!" Lexa spoke, taken back.