Chapter VII

A day later

The missing people of Skaikru haven't been found yet but more of them came down from the sky. Actually all of them.

They planted fences around their camp called Arkadia to protect themselves from the grounders. A group of them was send out looking for their missing people but their was no sign.

On the other side of the lands, the FlouKru warriors followed behind their leader Turgut in a fast speed. by now they weren't far from the Capital. a wide smile on her face, Y/N was about to explode in excitement. She couldn't wait to visit the city. Sure she has seen the massive ruins of the building in Azgeda but Capital was a myth to her.

Turgut slowed down and led his horse towards the edge of the hill , nodding for the girl to come near. Just as Trikova approached him, her mouth dropped seeing the huge tower of Polis in distance.

He smirked seeing the look on the girl's face.

"We're almost there. Try to stay cautious and out of trouble. Okay?" He spoke and the girl nodded.

Just as they were about to keep heading, a blowing signal horn was heard. Tension grew between the warriors and the horn was sign of danger.

"Move up NOW. That's the Foghorn!" Turgut shouted. Trikova sensed the fear in the man's voice.

Everyone started to go as fast as they could with their horses. Trikova confusedly looked around her, not knowing what was going on and sped up. But she lost control over her horse in between the crowd and soon she found herself the last person at the back end. Suddenly her horse failed to jump over the large branch ahead and ended up falling, throwing her rider to the ground.

The girl's body felt numb for few seconds and she lost focus on what was going around her. She let out a groan trying to take back her strength and stood up. Her head dizzy, her ears shut, she looked around finding no signs of her people.

They seemed to not notice her falling.

Trikova tried to walk towards her horse but someone bumped into her and both of them fell down to the ground, Trikova falling over the person.

Trikova's breath hitched when her eyes met two blue eyes. They were prettier than the sky and seas or anything she has ever seen. She noticed the eyes switch to her cheek, letting her know that her scar is probably uncover.

Trikova got herself up, immediately covering her face and realized it was a blond girl in front of her. There were cuts on the girl's face and her hands were tied.

Getting back her sense of hearing, she looked around towards the noises to see a woman struggling to defend herself from a group of people who were now surrounding them all.

Trikova pulled out her dagger and sword cutting the girl's hand free before she hurried towards the other woman. She kicked the man off of her, sending him to the ground and swayed her sword towards the other who came to attack her.

"Who are they?!" She asked with a high pitch getting in fighting position.

"Reapers!" The blond girl responded, breathing heavily and took cover behind her.

Once Trikova was sure that the group surrounding her were enemies, she attacked them and skillfully slayed them one by one with her dagger and sword.

She turned back and looked at the girl once again, observing her features. sensing danger from behind, she saw the reflection of the enemy in the girl's eyes. Without turning back, Trikova swayed her sword to her side stabbing the enemy in his guts and pulled it out.