Chapter XIII

We started to slow down when we almost approached Arkadia to give the horses a rest.

I was riding next to Clarke and wondered if I should start a conversation with her instead of riding in silent. I kept battling myself in my head to do so or not. To get rid of my nervousness, I looked behind me to see Anya actually talking to Bisson and I was suprised but happy for him in the same time. This might be the beginning of a good relationships between Trikru and FlouKru.

I looked back to my front and wondered what to talk about with Clarke but to my surprise she spoke first.

"I knew you were a good fighter but what I didn't expected was that you were into drawings!" Clarke said, surprised and looked at me.

"Good!? You think my fighting is just good?! That hurts." I widened my eyes, looking at her.

Clarke slightly laughed at my joke shaking her head.

"All I'm trying to say is, that you're great as a fighter but far better in your sketches. I'm impressed. You have good observing eyes on the details. I didn't expect you to be into drawing, that's all." She complemented.

From the look on her face, it was clear to me that she liked them.

"Thank you, and as it's been said before...-don't judge a..." I started but Clarke interrupted me halfway.

"...a book by it's cover. I know, I'm sorry." She gave me an apology look.

"No worries." I replied and she smiled at me in return.

Suddenly that brunette boy passed by us, looking like he was bothered by our conversation and continued his way ahead of us.

I noticed the smile on Clarke's face fade away and she looked the other way.

Once again we fell into an awkward silence and I didn't knew what else to say to make her feel better after whatever might had happened between her and that boy.

As I was wondering in my own mined, Out of nowhere a gunshot was fired towards us and I heard someone's groan in the back.

I looked behind just to see Bisson falling off of his horse in the same time.

"A Mount weather shoter!" Clarke warned.

We heard the sounds coming from the other side and I followed Clarke towards it. There were two of them and the one that had probably shot Bisson had an arrow in his neck and suddenly Indra with a warrior came out of the bushes and I saw another Skaikru girl that I've seen before with Lincoln, grabb the other shoter, ready to kill him.

"Finish him!" Indra ordered.

"Octavia stop!" Clarke shouted as we approached on our horses. We dismounted the horses and walked over to them.

"We need him alive. He can tell us how to defeat Mount weather." Clarke ordered.

The brunette who's name was Octavia removed her sword from his throat and threw the man on the ground. He was already exclaiming in pain. Something seemed to be wrong with what he was wearing.

"Octavia check if there's a patching gear in his bag, his suit has been breached." Clarke said.

The brunette searched the mountain man's bag but instead she found something else.

"Clarke look!" Octavia handed something to her and I looked to see a photo of Heda and Clarke. "You and Lexa were the targets."

Indra grabbed it from Clarke to take a look and hurried back to her warrior, giving the picture to him.