16.2- Day 1

-NANA pov-

I'm currently walking to my next class with Sooyeon. I think Jeno is right behind us, but I'm too sacred to look back and check in case it's too awkward. Yes, my next class is with him, no Sooyeon is not in that class. She's actually lived in America for 10 years prior, so she doesn't need to take English. I believe she takes Japanese- and Probably Mark-hyung too. "Hey Jae what's your opinion on mochis?" Immediately a picture of Jisung comes to my mind. His cute lil' cheeks are just so adorable! "You mean like the rice cake? I actually never tried it-" "No! Not mochi cakes, hehe, mochis, you know, like those squishy rubber thingies." "Ohh! I've seen them when I went to the plushie store once! But the plushies caught my attention so I didn't end up looking at them much heh.." Ture, I've only been to a plushie store once, and I was when my grandmother took me there that one time she visited. I actually really love my grandma, but she could come after that because my... the man I share genes with forbade her. Cruel. Like how can you do that to your own mom? "Oh that's okay. I've got one for you~ I saw it and I remember you once telling me that your favorite dog is a Samoyed, so, um, I got you one. I hope you like it.." "Oh my, you seriously didn't have to, thank you so much! And it's so cuteeee!" Honestly, it really was so cute. Like, asertyuijhgrdc! "Ah- well glad you like it. Anyways here's my class, so uh, see you later!" And then she proceeded to walk into a classroom, waving at me. I waved back and kept walking down the hall, and stopped once I got to Mr. Kaakoi's room. Not to be judgmental or anything, but he's quite- unique. To put it nicely, I guess.

I'm walking. To work. With Jeno. Ohhhmaiijosh. It's day one! What if I mess up? What will I do? Aishhh I just know I'll mess up! "Hey Jaemin..." "Oh, yeah..?" "Haven't you heard me? I called your name like 5 times." "Oh- n-no, sorry.." "Don't be. Anyways, we're here. Don't worry, you'll be fine. If you need anything, across the door to the lounge is where I'll be." "Th-thanks.." "Yeah yeah." I went inside the staff room, got an apron and my designated name tag, and came outside to the counter. I literally just got there and someone came up to me. "Hey, I would like a iced caramel latte with whipped cream and chocolate fudge." I n t e r n a l  panic. "Y-yes sir, would you like t-to bring it with you o-or do you want it d-delivered to y-your table?" "You can just give it to me." "Okay sir." Well I don't completely know how to make this order... I guess I'll just follow the chart...it's easy enough, right? "Hey," someone whispered to me.  I looked up. "You're the new employee here, right? Mrs. Lee told us about you. Well, I say us. Before you came I was the only other worker. My name is Shotaro. It's nice to meet you." "J-jaemin.." "Do you need some help with your order?" "Yes please.." "Here, I'll show you how to make it." He showed me this. He showed me that. He was actually with me during my entire shift. We got through many customers. I had actually never heard of this café before, so I didn't think I'd be this packed. Mrs. Lee occasionally came on the internal intercom to check on us. 

"Hey Jaemin-hyung, I'll be heading home now, I'll see you tomorrow!" "Okay, I'll see you tomorrow!" We've actually grown pretty close today. Normally I don't warm up this quickly to people I just met. But there's something different about Taro. He reminds me of Jisung in a way, but then again, he can't ever replace him. Thinking about Jisung makes me miss him.. "Hello, I'd like a berrymesh tea with the immunity boost option. And a sweettart mince pie." "Okay sir, how would you like your order?" "I want you." Er..what? "Sorry, sir, excuse me?" "I said, I want you. Aren't you just so cute? A total win. Wanna come over to my place, baby?" I feel weird. He's touching me. The bruises from two days ago still haven't healed yet, and him touching me is just making them hurt more. "Mmm you smell like cherries. What do you say, baby boy? I'ma bring you with me yeah?" I'm squirming around, crying, trying to get out of his grasp. But I'm too weak. I can't. It's happening all over again. "Back off." I heard a growl behind me. "And who are you?" "I'm the manager here. Let him go." I recognize it to me Jeno's voice. Honestly, if this were any other situation, I'd be scared. But, his presence is actually making me feel safer. This man still hasn't let go of me. "No, you're not. I know the owner of this place is that weak old lady. You just are this cutie's over protective boyfriend, aren't you? Chill bro, we can share." Suddenly his hands were off me. Next thing I knew, Jeno over there beating this man's butt out the door and locking it. He walks back to me. He looks at my pathetic sobbing face and.. and engulfs me into his chest. I gotta admit, I kinda like it there. There is a sense of....heavenliness found. "Are you okay?" "I-I think s-so.. t-t-thank you...again.." "No problem. It's my job to protect you now. Anything happens, notify me, okay?" I just nod my head. He still hasn't let go on me yet. "Shh, it's okay, he didn't do anything to you. You can stop crying. By the way, what are you doing here? By the time I realized, your shift had ended 15 minutes ago." "O-oh, I'm sorry, I guess I l-lost track of the t-time..." "It's okay, Jaem, it's okay." He finally let go of me. And as soon as he did, I felt the cold air surround me once again.

We closed the shop, and we are now walking to my apartment. Mark and Renjun with Haechan and Jisung had volunteered to move my stuff into the place when I was at work. They are so kind. What did I do to deserve them? They should be so blessed. Jeno too. This is like the 2nd he's saved me. I basically owe all of them my life. "So, tell me how your day was at work. Talk freely. We're friends now, remember?" "W-well I met the other barista, his name Shotaro, he was really kind and really helped me. We worked together. He taught me how to make many of the things and organize orders. At first I had no idea what to do-" "You could have called me." "I- I didn't want to disturb you.." "You wouldn't disturb me, I wasn't really doing anything in that room anyways. I played like a few games and did random stupid homework assignments. What if that Showafo kid, whatever his name is, wasn't there what would you have done?" I can't help but giggle. I think, this is most probably unlikely, and the darkness of the night sky makes it harder to see, that out of the corner of my eye I say Jeno's mouth form a little smile. "His name's Shotaro. And if he wasn't here.. I'd probably end up using the chart and taking a lot longer that necessary." Jeno suddenly grabbed my wrist and turned me towards him. I got panicked.. "No, if he wasn't there,  you would've called me, understood?" "Understood, boss." I laughed. "Hey, I'm serious!" *ding ding ding* "Oh who needs to annoy me now.." Jeno pulled out his phone and opened it, it's light illuminating his face. "Oh, it's the group. Bro, it ain't even my birthday yet..." "Wait...today is your birthday?"  "No, tomorrow is. They are just early freaks. There are still around 5 hours left." Wait... if his birthday is tomorrow that mean that Jeno is older than me.  "Oh.. I'm so sorry Jeno..I didn't get you anything..." "Oh my god Jaemin, I wouldn't have expected that you get me something. Now with what's been going on in your life. Or ever, actually. Tomorrow is just a regular day for you, alright?  You don't worry about my birthday, clear?" "But- but-" "Okay, tell you what. If you really wanna do something, then let's..."

His response actually made me happy. I just hope Mrs. Lee is okay with it. I guess I can look forward to tomorrow. Oh look, we're at the apartment. I bid Jeno goodbye, have Minyeon-noona show me the way around the huge building once more, and get started on my school work. Boy, today has been quite a day. I honestly haven't been this excited to sleep. Knowing I'll make around $200 a week, with no abuser in the house, and friends who care, I think, it's been a really good day.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

How'd you like the chapter? What do you think? Nono's got on his ProtectJaeminAtAllCosts suit.  He's so sweet. And homie is turning 18 soon! What do you think Jeno told Jaemin to make it up to him?

Happy birthday JAEHYUN!

Word Count: 1515

Chapter 16(.2); singing off~