24- It's a Sun!

-nono POV-

Finally. We're halfway done with this dumb school day. Currently we're sitting at lunch. I'm having some jjajangmyeon, same as Jisung. Mark and Haechan are busy feeding each other kimbap and kimchi jigae each respectfully. Lovers quarrels included. Finally I'll be done with Hyuck's non-stop whining about Mark, because, alas, it's his birthday. He'll finally find out who his darm soulmate is, Mark obviously found out a year ago but was too scared to tell anybody.

Oh I forgot someone important. Renjun eating the tteokbokki on a stick thing while also drawing or sketching, whatever you call it.

Hm.. is it just me or is it a bit... empty?

"Hey, Sung, have you seen Jaemin?"

"Uhmm- oh, right! Hyungie's with Sooyeon noona right now. Or was. He should be back by now, very soon, or similar. Why? Miss him?" He said glancing at the giant brass clock on the wall with a dare I say sly smile.

Uh- who? Noona? A girl? With, Jaemin? Girlfriend?? He's dating? He dates?

"Hyung? Jeno hyung? You there?" "Oh yeah. Uh- who's that?"

"Who? Sooyeon noona? You don't have to worry, she's just a friend of ours. Well, his, until I came along and she adopted me too... heh heh." So a friend huh.

"No body said I was worried. But thanks."

"Hey look hyungie's coming right now~"

Either I take forever to turn around or Jisung just delayed the message but when I turn around, sure enough, there's a guy walking over with a tuft of pink hair which currently isn't bouncing and being all fluffy because said guy is walking in such a minimalistic fashion you'd think he's possessed.

"Hiii hyungieeeee~!" "Hi Jisung (*  ^^  *) Are you eating well?" "Yes hyungie~"

"Jaemin, aren't you getting food?" I ask him.
"Oh, no it's okay I'm not very hungry..."

"Here, you can eat with us." "No no no no it's fine you guys should eat. Really, it's okay."
"Hm... how about I feed you?" I hear squealing. When Jaemin opened his mouth in protest, before he could say anything I put a small bite size portion of noodle in his mouth. Used a finger to just lift up his jaw and close his little mouth. Dang he's skin's like porcelain. Softer than whipped cream. Then wiped away the tiny bit of sauce at the corner of his mouth before he had an anxiety attack.

"There. Chew," I saw, smiling. He complies. "Baby steps, okay? You did great. Two next time, or too soon?" "N-n-n-next time??" "Of course next time. But I'm getting NotReady from you, so it'll stay at one until you've got it." I pat his shoulder, gently of course, in order not to hurt him. He formed a little smile and out of habit went back to looking down at his lap, but the little cute smile didn't go anywhere.

"JUST DATE ALREADY!!"

And *pop* goes the bubble of peace.

"Says you," Whispers Renjun. But not loud enough that YellowBall can hear.

"Sunshine, it's okay, calm down. Hey guys, I have an idea. Since it's Chan's birthday today, let's go to the part to celebrate." Mark suggested.

"What Mark the park sounds so boring." I contradict. "Jeno! The park is wonderful! There's so much life! And the greenery! And the little children that play! And the dogs on their walks! It's all so lively and pretty nd calming and inspirational-" "Okay calm down Junnie, JeNojam knows nothing." Wow I didn't know Haechan was a consoling type.

"Okay idiots, let me specify. Not just any park. An amusement park." Squeals could be heard from Renjun. Haechan just looked profound. Mark looked done, but he's always like that. Mostly. 

I heard a squeak beside me. I lean down, and whisper into Jaemin's ear, "Don't worry, I'll protect you."

Jisung's looking a little worried too.

*rIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIInggggggggggggggg*

Ugh that dumb bell. Lunch is over already?
We pack up and agree to meet.

Me and Jaemin walk to our next class that we have together, and it's English. Urg that dumb Mr, Kaakoi and his lunch threats.

Jaemin's talking with this girl as we walk. Is that the Soojin girl-whatever her name was? Wait- she looks familiar isn't she the girl that bumped into me that one time way way way way back when? I thought she was a freshman-

Something in me just wants grab Jaemin's hand and pull him over closer to me, but that's not very Loyal Soulmate like of me, so I don't. Besides, why should I. It's not like I own Jaemin.

We sit down in class and Mr. Kaakoi just starts yammering perusual. I think Jaemin's busy scribbling away in his notebook. With that same pink pen. Why do I remember that? And I saw scribbling, but I almost can't decide who has neater handwriting, him, or Jun. Meanwhile mine and Hyuck's are chicken scratch.

I pull out my phone and open messages.

Eomma

hey mom

Jeno!
Aren't you in school?

yeah but i need to ask u smth

Which is?

can jaemin have the day off today

Did he ask you to say this?

no. in fact he has no idea i'm doing this.

Thought so. Anyway, no, because
Shotaro took the day off. I can
have him start later though. Does
that work?

how late?

Around 7 p.m.

okay yea thats manageable

You still have to escort him to
and from. Also why are you
asking? Are you  taking him
out on another date?

i know, and no
we never even went on a date. 

we all just wanted to go
celebrate hyucks birthday

Ohh okay I see. Well you boys
have fun and stay safe. When
you go home tell me all about how
Mark and Haechan finally happened. 

Love you Jeno. Take care, of yourself,
and Jaeminie.

ofc. luv u 2

*Seen*

Hm

This'll be interesting.

"Mr.Lee, PAY ATTENTION OR YOU'LL GET LUNCH DETENTION! Oooooh that rhymes! ANYWAY! Back to class!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

How'd you like the chapter? Is this the "next big thing" that Nana talked about? 👀

Any detention or school horror stories to share and make us laugh? Comment if you so choose!

Word Count: 932

Chapter 24; singing off~

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ ⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇ ┏━━━✦❘༻•·.·''·.·•༺❘✦━━━┓ ⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*✧.*