22- Work it

-nono POV-

Ahh this boy- seriously. I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel sOmE ThInGs, but you didn't hear that from me. And there's no way I can fall in love- I have a soulmate- so no dating. Aish. Cool down Jeno, he's just a friend. A cute, adorable, caring, amazing friend who I must protect at all costs.

First when mom told me to pick him up and drop him off I was reluctant, annoyed, doing grudgingly. But now- it's like I do it voluntarily. Why am I the one noticing this? Isn't it supposed to be like our best friend telling us this after sickly watching the male leads hopelessly fall in love and be oblivious and try to convince the other to grow a pair according to Kdramas? (a/n: Hehe if you're looking for a BL Kdrama to watch, I personally recommend Kissable Lips :) Also watch Drama Master on YT if you don't already~ ) Like what I'm trying to go with Markhyuck? Does that mean I'm the sad third wheel that'll never find love? What am I even thinking?

I need to pick up Jaemin soon- and I'm still in my PJs. What should I wear?
I look through my closet, which mom keeps telling me to clean, and dig out a black & green plaid shirt and black pants. Very emo and brings out my aura. Perfect. The shirt has a few wrinkles in it though- it's okay, right?

Should I wear a white t-shirt under it? Errrrr-- nah. I put the clothes on, and leave like 2 buttons undone on the top of the shirt, and wear a silver chain. Personally, I sometimes like to wear certain jewelry, but not all the time. Right now, I don't mind.

I go to Jaemin's place and greet Mya- or was it Minnie- Mina? Eh whatever, I greet Mark's cousin, and go find Jaemin's room. I may or may not have secretly memorized the way and even found a few shortcuts to it through this hella huge place. Before I know it I'm at his door. Am I late? Checking the time, I realize I'm here 10 minutes before I said I'd be here, which is 15 minutes before I needed to be here. So we can have like, 25 minutes? Yay. What the heck Jeno since when do you say things like that- and you're an adult now too. Aish. I knock on the door.

-NANA pov-

A knock on the door awakens me. Slowly opening my heavy eyes and lifting my neck, which is oddly in pain. I must have been because I was- SLEEPING ON MY DESK? I look at the time. Oh no! Oh no no no! I've been sleeping for MUCH longer than just 15 minutes! Oh no oh no oh no!!! That must be Jeno at the door! What do I do?? I'm not even ready? I'm still wearing rags- not that I ever don't- but he's here to pick me up for work! I'm a hog! With all of this over thinking I'm probably making him wait- *knock* HE'S KNOCKING AGAIN WHAT DO I DOOOOOO. I dart out of my chair, tripping on the way. I fall to the floor. My vision goes all wonky- and I can feel tears threatening to fall. No, no, please, not now. "Jaemin? Are you okay?" I hear from the other side of the door, just a few feet away. How pathetic am I, on the ground, restraining from sobbing, so incapable of opening a door and being a decent person? "I'm... coming..." I said in a barely audible, faint whisper. I know for certain he did not hear me. I slowly try to get up, which makes me feel dizzy. I still can't see straight, so I feel around for the doorknob. Unlocking it, I open the door.

"Nana! Jaemin! Are you okay? Why are you clutching your head? Why are your eyes wet- and closed? Jaeminie? Can you hear me?" Jeno asks so many questions my mind cannot seem to comprehend. "J-jeno..." "It's okay Jaemin, I'm here." I was kind of hoping that he'd hug me, but no. Instead, he takes his shoes off, comes inside, closes the door, picks me up, and brings me to where I'm pretty sure is the bedroom. I still can't see clearly. How dumb. H-heeun was right to s-slap me then. D-dad was r-r-right to d-do all of t-t-t-that.

Jeno gently places me on the bed. I really don't deserve him. He went out of his way to help me, so many times before. And now.

He sits on the bed beside me, leans my head on his shoulder, and cradles me tight. Right then, it felt like all of the problems in the world had been resolved. It felt like the safest place. I wouldn't even notice if we were on the verge of death. However, Jeno doesn't deserve death because of me. I owe him my life. And the rest of them, too.

"Sweetheart?" I hum into his chest. "Are you okay?" I nod with minimal energy. "Did something happen?" I try to sit up so I can hopefully talk properly, Jeno complies but he still doesn't let me go completely. Not that I'm complaining. I open my eyes. Wow, I can see again. Maybe Jeno has magical healing powers. I knew his embrace was something special- then again maybe everyone gets that. Especially Renjun, perhaps. But he didn't say that he didn't do such things often... but maybe he said that just to comfort me... aish Jaemin stop thinking nonsense. "I'm sorry..." "Shh, it's okay. You didn't do anything. Just tell me." Jeno's voice can be very strong, but that the moment it was softer than Jisungie's hair. "I fell asleep right after you called... originally it wasn't supposed to be long at all... but I guess I lost track of time... then I heard you at the door. I kinda panicked, because I had just woken up when I was supposed to have woken up a while ago, and be dressed and ready because you already put so much work into getting here for me, yet I keep you waiting with my overthinking... I'm very very very sorry. (He held me tighter as I said that but he didn't say anything.) And I had fallen asleep on my desk too... because I was studying...  my neck got a little sore but that doesn't really matter... anyway as I tried getting up I tripped and fell. As I hit my head it b-brought b-b-back the m-memories... which g-gave you an even l-longer waiting time...and I'm not even ready... I'm so sor-"

"Jaemin, *I'm* sorry you had to go through all of that. Don't apologize for resting, you probably slept longer than you intended because something's keeping you up at night. You couldn't respond to the door right away, and that's okay. Life happens. You got hurt, and it pains me whenever you suffer. Just don't think it's your fault, okay? You're an angel. Never think that you're burdening me or anyone else, okay? If anyone thinks that you're a burden then they are a burden to the whole world and the aliens from other galaxies that Jun and Sung like to talk about."

"T-thank you... N-nono."

"Don't mention it, Nana. I'm here for you, and I always will be." He wipes away my tears with his thumbs. Either my face is really cold or his hands are really warm. "Now come on, lemme help you pick out an outfit. We're dressing cute as always, right? And don't forget, if you need anything, ANYTHING, at all, you call me, okay? I'll keep checking on you to make sure your okay, but incase something slips up then you notify me immediately, alright?"

"Alright Nono."

Jeno smiles.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This chapter is dedicated to @_minsu_ who gave me the motivation to complete this chapter and carry on with the story. Thank you so much. I love you all 💚

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

How'd you like the chapter? Hehe Nana and Nono have such a special bond. Dare I say I'm jealous of them

Word Count: 1293

Chapter 22; singing off~

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ ⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇ ┏━━━✦❘༻•·.·''·.·•༺❘✦━━━┓ ⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*✧.*

 I know it's been so long since the last chapter. Apoligies! It's the season of my birthday again, just 2 days left... last time that happened we were getting introduced to Jisung. 

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCHHH FOR 1K READS. I LITERALLY NEVER THOUGHT IT WOULD HAPPEN, LIKE, EVER.

THANK YOU FOR 100 VOTES TOO! I REALLY APPRECIATE IT!

Stay safe and healthy guys! See you in the next chapter, which'll hopefully be out, soon enough.