25- The sun sets. Then rises once more.

Jaemin Pov

We're currently on our way to the amusement park... and to be honest, I'm not really sure how I feel. Obviously, I'm excited to spend time with my friends and I'm so happy for Haechannie, but I can't help but have a little gut wrench... maybe it's what I ate today? Maybe it's the people? It can't be- I'm with my friends... I can't help but feel like I'm forgetting something very important. And shoot- my body is displaying it for the whole world to see.

"Jaemin," the voice next to me says, startling me a bit, I had forgotten he was there.

"Hm..?" "You're getting clammy again, what's wrong?" Jeno inquires. I really want to tell him that nothing is wrong, that I am positive I have my life together, but some invisible source dumps my worries on to him instead.

"I- I don't really know- I'm not feeling too good about being here, I really feel like I'm missing something. I'm sorry-"

"I told you not to say that. Now, it's okay, your feelings are valid. Let's just talk through it, okay? Think. What would you be doing right now on a different day?" His voice is strong, but still sweet. I wonder how he does it. Could I ever do that?

So I think. Hmm... judging by the position of the sun in the sky, it's late in the afternoon, I've finished school and I'd have been heading too... I stop in my tracks.

"Jen- oh my god- Jeno- oh no- I've messed up everything! I'm supposed to be at work!! I have to go-" I start retreating. I'm about to tell Jeno to inform the others of my departure when Jeno starts speaking again.

"Jaemin, wait."

"I can't do that Jeno, I really have to go- I'm already late-"

"I texted my mom for you. She said you can hang out with us, and you don't need to go to work until seven tonight."

I stop in my tracks once more. Turn around and meet his eyes. Then I feel things and look away. How dare I look into his eyes, after throwing such a tantrum?

"Hey, Jaemin, look at me. Its okay, you're okay. Breathe. C'mon, we have to go catch up with the others." And so, I am dragged by the arm towards the midst of the park before I can even say "waow".

Jeno Pov

Maybe I should've just told Jaemin and saved him the pain but alas I uh- kinda forgot. Oopsies, my bad.

But right now  its around 6 pm and I'm actually really excited about what's going to happen, which is kinda surprising, but I've been waiting for this forever. I'm happy for my bestfriend. Of course, no one except one other person knows what's happening.

"Jen why are you smiling? You like the sunset that much? Reminds you of someone?" Renjun nudges me in the stomach.

"What's the correlation between Nana and the sunset?"

"Hey, I never said anything about Jaemin. You just outed yourself dude." Well isn't that great. But now at the mention of him I realize we haven't been using the nicknames really... I've called him Jaemin to his face. Did he realize? I turn my head to face him and

"Guys guys guys please listen up this is important. As everyone is well aware, today is Hyuck's birthday, which is why we're here to celebrate." Mark states, YellowBall sits up a little straighter and the rest of us clap.

"Haechan would you please come forward."

Both Mark and Hyuck are standing before us now, the pink sunset and orange sun slowing to a slightly less degree behind them. Mark takes Haechan's hands in his, and they stare into each others eyes. Finally! Everyone else looks a tad bit confused, but, they all seem to catch on a little something.

"Haechan, you are the sunshine of my life. We've been through so much together. I'm so happy I got to be by your side as we grew up. It was such a pleasure spending all of these years with you.

I know you probably get annoyed with me sometimes. I want to say thank you for not giving up on me, ever. I've probably done some bad things to you before aswell, so I beg for your forgiveness. But on this night, there is something I want from you."

"Mark what are you doing-"

Mark reaches into his sweater, and pulls out a thing very familiar to me. I would've liked to have forgotten about mine by now, but unfortunately its not something you can just pretend it doesn't exist. He hands the elf to Haechan, and spins the bracelet on its neck until Haechan can read the charm.

"Lee D.H. 6.6.00. Lee D.H... initials sound familiar? The birthday also seems close-"

And Mark is cut off since Hyuck practically jumps on him.

"You don't know how much I've wanted this you seagull." After one last squeez, Haechan lets go, and returns to looking at the elf. Its a soft beige color, with hearts for the pupils, and a bear embroidered on its collar. Very Haechan.

Mark slips the bracelet off of the Elf's neck and places it in Haechan's hand. Then he sticks out his own hand.

"Lee Donghyuck, will you complete my fate and be my soulmate?"

Haechan slips the bracelet onto Mark's hand. We cheer. They share a passionate kiss. I take a look at Jaemin, who has on a soft smile, adorement in his eyes. What a day well spent.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

and.... guess who's alive? Um- hi guys, lol

Okay but I come back and there's THREE THOUSAND READS? Hello???? Thank you guys so much!!

It's been a few years um... haha... sorry... but uh here's a chapter for now.... depending on the feedback I might post another one... um but there's probably been so many changes in the writing style... bear with my guys 😅

Hope you enjoyed, lemme know if I should continue or discontinue

Word count: 900