House of Failure/House of Decisions

"Humming? Eddie, I think that I would know if I was humming. In my sleep." Nina got the chance to call her friends, and they were talking about when she was humming to Eddie in her sleep "Just listen!" Eddie yelled through the phone. He hummed how she was humming.

Nina understood what it meant. The hum meant, "The betrayal of one". She couldn't explain how she knew but...she just did.

"Nina you're the one that's humming this tune. Can you explain it to us? What does it mean?" Jerome explained. "Do you have something to tell us?" Joy asked. Nina gulped. She knew she had to tell them the truth sometime. Nina took a deep breath, and started to explain. "I-" But before Nina could finish her sentence, her time ran out, and the phone was cut off.

Nina sighed in shame, but put the phone up, and was walked back to her cell.
~~~~~
She sat down on her bed. She checked to see if Patricia was asleep, before taking out the fake I.D, the black trench coat, and the phone.

(This flashback is in first-person point of view.)

Flashback:

Beep-beep.

One last chance. Join me. -BTC

I silently groaned as I walked with Patricia. I knew I had to protect my friends and family somehow, and this was the way to do it.

I texted Black Trench Coat back.

'You don't have to ask me again. I'm in'.

~~~~~~
The trial was once again in session, and Nina and Patricia had chosen a new person to testify. Fabian.

Fabian took his oath, and nervously gulped as he sat down in the testifying chair. He must've known how it felt when Mr. Sweet sat down on this chair. All the emotions were running in course of him. Worry, fear, nervousness, unease, and a lot more.

Jason's lawyer got up once again, and asked a question. "Fabian Rutter, you are married to a suspect of Jason Winkler's murder, correct?"

"Yes, but what does that have to do with anything?" He answered.

"Would you say that you would do anything for her? Say..." The prosecutor shrugged, "cover up her murder?"

"No!" Fabian huffed. "Nina and Patricia have no motive to murder Jason Winkler. Let them go."

"You don't need a motive to kill. Some people are just that crazy." The prosecutor responded. "Were you in the apartment where Nina Martin and Patricia Williamson got arrested?"

"Yes. And so was Edison Miller." Fabian said.

"Why were you there?"

"We wanted answers. Jason Winkler was one of our favorite teachers so we went to the crime scene to get some answers."

"Did you find what you were looking for?"

"No." Fabian lied. Nina widened her eyes and looked behind her. Sibuna looked confused.

"Recess!" The judge announced.

Sibuna met with Fabian outside of the courtroom, and Nina and Patricia were close enough by to hear what he was going to say. "Fabian, you just lied on the stand! Why didn't you just tell the truth?" Mara questioned. "Obviously, the journal wasn't there when the police searched his apartment." Eddie added.

"Exactly." Fabian stated. "If you said we found the journal we would have to explain Black Trench Coat." Alfie realized.

"And how are we supposed to explain her without any proof? Every time we try to tell the truth she makes us look like pathological liars."

They saw people entering the court again. "Time to go back."

~~~~~~

The judge slammed him hammer. One of the jurers stood up. "We have finalized our decision. Nina Martin and Patricia Williamson are guilty for the murder of Jason Winkler."
******
Surprise! I know it seems like they should've been not-guilty but there's reason why I chose guilty.

What's going to happen after the rest are arrested?

Will Black Trench Coat inact her plan?

Sibuna.