Day 25-THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WALL

This vast emptiness is terrifying. On one side I have everything, and on the other are things I need. This translucent wall divides me from what is there, and even who.

Everyday I go somewhere, ten feet from where I sleep. I escape my horrific solitude, and I see her. We stay with each until we are tired, busying ourselves with our favorite things to do.

Sometimes I will draw, and sometimes I will cook. Sometimes I'll sing, and sometimes I'll punch the wall.

Sometimes she draws, and sometimes she cooks. Sometimes she opens her mouth, and sometimes she punches the wall.

One day I wake up with a present on my lap. I look around for signs or footprints, but there is absolutely nothing in sight. I then run ten feet from where I sleep, and find her waiting there. On her lap sits a present, one of the same size as mine.

At the same time we open them, and inside are big white pens. Together we look at each, dazed and confused. She then steps up to the translucent wall, and draws something.

On the wall is a flower, and words that are written backwards. I then draw a fan, and my first name. The only things that I can remember. Quickly she erases the scribbled words, and writes something easier to remember.

Sakura.

I say it aloud, until it begins to echo from wall to wall. I couldn't help myself, since it sounded so beautiful. Her face turns into a giggle, causing me to smile at her.

Slowly she places her hand on the wall, her happiness fading as she touches it. I place my hand on hers, but all I feel is the smoothness of the glass. I press my head to the glass and close my eyes. With all my might, I wish to feel her fingers on my palm, her skin on my skin, her breath on my mouth.

All there is when I open them again, is her reflection and a cruel wall made of translucent glass.