Day 18-DROPPING YOUR GUARD

The sounds of kunai clashing could be heard on the practice battlefield. Sakura huffed as she was exerting all her skills to this one spar with her team mate, Sasuke Uchiha. He had told her he would go easy on her, but she was head strong on having the two of them go all out.

The way he moved was much more advanced then herself, she was forced to use all the brain power she could gather up. The two young adults stood across from each other, examining each others every single movement for action. His red eyes stared back at her, the blood lust inside them still sent shivers up her spine.

Sakura dug her right heel into the ground, with a kunai ready in both of her hands. With her best analytical precision, she throws both of the knives at his feet. Using the powerful chakra she has acquired from years of hard work, she sent herself flying forward, faster then Sasuke could have anticipated from the girl. Even though Sakura was dashing towards him at a shocking speed, he managed to jump away in time to avoid her charging fist.

Her knuckles dug into the earth, sending debris of loose rock around her. Sakura's instinct was to jump back from her new dune, but she felt he was closer to her then that. Before the dust filled her eye sight, she thought she'd seen the flicker of his coat at the corner of her eye.

Left, right, down, front, behind, up. Nothing, where did he go?

She frantically looked around, scanning everything she could. Without realizing it, she saw that the ground underneath her went flat, and the sky above her was turning a menacing orange. She cursed at herself for being caught in his genjutsu again.

In the distance, a man stood in front of a moon that never existed in her sky. Only his silhouette could be made out in the fake world.

"You dropped your guard, Sakura. That's one thing you shouldn't do." His voice whispered from behind her ear.

"When?" She muttered out the side of her mouth, not being able to turn her head to face the voice.

"While you were charging at me like a mad man."

Sakura hissed to herself as she watched the shadowed man in front of her. He began to step closer to her, his red eyes glowing brighter with each foot. It was only a matter of time before she could feel his breath against her face, until they were sharing the same air, breathing the same oxygen. The excitement in her stomach made it almost unbearable.

"Next time don't drop you're guard, don't want you getting hurt now."

"The raven cares about an innocent cherry blossom now, huh?"

"Don't get cocky now. Let's go before the sun starts to set." Sakura nodded as she was given back mobility. With a quick gesture, she did the seal to undo the mind spell. Nothing had changed, not even his place standing in front of her. They walked back to the village, hand in hand.