Day 1-PAINT

The weightless transparent white curtains blew into the house from the open windows they cover at night. Sun streaks flash across the wall from the small mirrored chimes that were placed above the window which had been a gift from a close friend. Outside on the long finished wooded porch, a young man sat in one of his newest lounge chairs as he enjoyed the gentle breeze from the warm sun. With his eyes closed, he let the Earth around him take him away from his reality. Suddenly the smell of a strong toxin that created all but beauty reverted him back to his original state. Only a few feet away was the open window that someone very close to him was inside doing something with the scent. Retreating from his peace to investigate, he leans in slightly to peek at the girl inside. So far she did not notice him, but he noticed everything about her. How her long pink locks fell down her back to only be tied up into a low ponytail, the same red colour of clothing she would always wear, never giving up on the fashion statement she'd keep since her youth. The walls surrounding her were painted a white that was purer then a doves flawless wings. On one side sat a little bed fit for a newly born child, on the other was a brown dresser with matching and never used accessories for what was to come. The closet she had placed herself beside was opened wide that held other necessities they would need soon. On her left was a bucket of pink paint that hadn't been used, for they had both decided it would be too drastic. In her right hand she held a big but fine paint brush with the colour on it's tip. In front of her was the noticeable area that she focused on with great concentration. Two large, pretty pink flowers were badly painted against the pure whiteness of the wall.

"I didn't know you paint, Sakura." Turning around surprised, letting the brush fall onto the bright wooded floor. She sighed as she held a hand to her heart, flustered from his stealth she could never catch up with.

"Don't scare me like that Sasuke. Luckily I didn't get anything on the wall." Reaching behind her she picked out a tissue from the box it was in as she cleaned the area where paint had fallen.

"So why cherry blossoms?" He asked as he jumped onto the sill of the open window, ignoring the curtains that flapped gently against his body.

"How do you know they're cherry blossoms? Even the greatest painter wouldn't be able to point out something as horrible as these." She muttered as she looked at the failed attempt with disgust, gripping the paint brush as small cracks ran across the fragile wood.

"You'd have to be stupid to not be able to tell those are cherry blossoms. Only the flower itself can draw, paint, and describe them better then some inexperienced onlooker."

"Don't flatter me with nonsense Sasuke." She huffed aloud as she placed her hand beside the painted flowers. "Look, they're as big as my hand. They are supposed to be small and pretty, floating free in the wind with no worries at all as they cover everything in their beauty. I've tainted the name of cherry blossoms themselves." He chuckled to himself as he stepped off the sill, taking his stand at her side.

"Sakura, you are a sakura just as you described. Don't be silly. You are perfectly fine as you are, and so are those flowers." Silence fell between them as she stared at the painting in front of her, the streaks of vibrant colour that still needed some drying.

"Do you think she'll like them?" She asked as she let her hand slip down the smooth, rough wall.

"I'm sure of it, but don't you think she'd want more?" The smile from within broke out as she looked up to the man she had fallen in love with every time she would see him. He returned the smile but not with his usual cocky smirk, but with a true genuine grin that only she herself would ever see. The smell of paint lingered for only awhile, as the sakura dried on the pureness of the wall that was more pure then a doves feather, the bright noticeable colour only made things better.

END