Speechless: Season 2 - 40

"Courtney?" I rubbed my forehead aggressively after bumping heads with the guys spiked chain.

"Duncan?" I looked up to see his ocean blue eyes washed out, "what are you doing here?" I continued.

We looked around an empty playground before meeting eyes once more, "shouldn't I be asking you that?" He responded in a cold manner. I rolled my eyes and walked over to a set of swings, then sat on one and begun to swing my feet.

"I'm really tired of trying to be perfect for everyone," I said as I looked up at the clouds as they hid away the stars I loved staring at. I  suddenly felt my body rocking back and forth without my permission.

"I'm tired of disappointing my family." I heard his soft voice whisper as he kissed my forehead. I smiled for a moment while he continued to push me.

"Your brother's probably up there getting a migraine watching all the bad decisions you make." He chuckled then clenched up his fingers. "But I know he's proud of the man you're becoming." I continued.

We both looked up to see stars filling the sky. "I wish I could just run away from this place and start my life the way I want," I said as I continued to look up.

Duncan then forced the swings to stop rocking, making me fall off into the wood chips. "What if we ran away together?" He asked while helping me get up. I rolled my eyes as I dusted myself off.

"What?"

"I mean, I have some money lying around from all the sales I made over the year." He continued, now rubbing the back of his neck. "We can get our own apartment, wherever you want. Let's just go."

I hesitated. Then smiled. "Let's get out of this bloody town." Duncan smirked and pulled me closer to his chest, making it easy to feel how fast his heart was beating.

"Was that a British accent?" He asked.
"I mean, if we're leaving this terrible town I think I need a new identity." I replied.

"I like the person you are now," he said as we walked away together.

Author's POV:
Courtney and Duncan then goes their separate way to go and get there belongings after discussing meeting back at the park where they will plan their runaway.

_________________________________
Short chapter yall, but still writing 😋 . Comment your thoughts, concerns, wyd? 💗

Art by Kikaigaku 💗