Speechless - 5

Courtney's POV:
I've been fumbling in my bed for 6 hours straight, I didn't know what to do since I couldn't find the urge to sleep, I was tired but not tired enough. I went downstairs to watch some tv but I heard some noises coming from the kitchen.

"You're such a liar, I really trusted you, you went out to sleep with other woman so don't give me that bull!" I heard Aunt Lucy say.

"I told you already I fell asleep at my friends house, stop overreacting," her boyfriend said. They reminded me of my parents when they used to argue like that, but counciling helped their marriage.

I heard her crying, it was an ugly cry but sad, Jake, her boyfriend tried calming her down but she wouldn't let him touch her, "Get the hell out!" She yelled at the tall man. He got  angry and slapped her, spat on her, and said

"She's better than you anyways," he threw out before he left. I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms, what could she have ever seen in a loser like him? I, standing on the stairs not minding my own business went over to her and looked at her, I never knew how to handle these types of situations, growing up it made me pretty overwhelmed and uncomfortable dealing with unplanned emotions like this, I patted her shoulder like how George used to do me when I was down.

Earlier

Lucy's POV
I woke up and the side of the bed that he usually lied on was empty so I went downstairs to see if he was there, I looked in the kitchen and the livingroom and they were both empty, then he walked into the house. "Where were you Jake?" I said walking up to him.

"I fell asleep at Christians house, my bad" he said as a pathetic response. The alcohol smell lingered on him like a spritz of Axe body spray. Strong and nauseating.

He's always doing this, making up lies, I saw the panties in his car so I knew he was cheating on me. I gave him another chance to tell the truth but he still lied, "....Don't give me that bull" I yelled out. He told me to stop overreacting and I just started crying, I never cheated so why is he doing this to me?

He tried to hug me but I pushed him away, I told him to get out of my house and he slapped me, again. Before I knew it I was being comforted by Courtney who was crying with me, "it's ok, please don't cry," I said. Her voice soothed me. I hugged her tightly.
_
_

I woke up and Courtney was sleeping next to me, I got up and took Jakes stuff and threw it out of my house, today's a new day and I don't need him holding me down. After making breakfast for Courtney I looked at the clock and saw that it was already 7am, damn it she's going to be late for school.

"Courtney! Get up your going to be late!" I screamed into my room, but she wasn't there. I heard a tap on my shoulder and saw Courtney standing there dressed and ready to go, "You know sometimes I feel like your the grown up in this house" I said holding my forehead. She laughed and skipped off to the car,  I grabbed my keys and my coffee and followed her.
_
_
_
A few minutes after we pulled up to the school before Courtney had the chance to go I locked the doors and closed the windows, not being creepy at all.

Courtney's POV:
I was about to leave when my aunt locked the doors and rolled up the windows, what the hell is this? I looked at, trying not to be scared. "Courtney, I want you to know that it's ok for you to talk to people, it won't hurt you to just greet your friends, last night you comforted me even though it's difficult for you to do that, it made me happy, please continue to make me happy and talk, abuela would have wanted that," she said while her right hand was on my shoulder.

After a long talk mostly on her end, I got out of her car and breathed a sigh of relief, finally leaving that awkward situation. I walked into the building and saw the guy from yesterday. "Hey you!" He said coming towards me. I saw people staring at me when he picked me up out of nowhere and tossed me over his shoulders, and walked off.