Speechless - 14

Recap:
"A cemetery?" Courtney asked. I walked her towards a familiar grave and looked at it. She rested her hand on my shoulder.

"He was my friend."

"Why did you bring me here?" She asked

"To show you, that you're not alone." I smiled.

"Hey, I know everyone's supposed to be scared of me, but you don't have to." I said smirking.

"You're a real sweetheart Duncan Nelson." She said softly.

"I have Aspergers Syndrome," she said.

"Hey you know what's weird?" I asked.

"What?"

"I feel like I've known you forever."

"Well maybe... in our past life?" She replied back.

"Thanks for opening up about what you went through," I said looking at her as we walked.

"Thanks for making me feel comfortable enough to tell you, considering you're the only one who knows besides relatives." She smiled at me.

Courtney's POV
I bit my lip and looked up at the sharp moon lighting the sky, as he did the same, then back at each other. "Is this the part where I kiss you?" He asked looking back at the stars, then quickly down at me. I blushed.

"Well, let's see." I said as I was slowly leaning in.

"Oh Courtney, you're home!" Lucy said bursting out of the house. Duncan looked at her as did I.

"Catch you at school princess." He said walking towards his bike. I smiled and walked into my house.

"Were you two having a little moment?" Lucy asked excitedly.

Monday Morning

"Lucy will you hurry up already?!" I called out. The blonde woman continued to take her precious time doing her makeup knowing in any given moment I'd be late for school, and we all knew I do not miss school.

She walked down the stairs, giddy for some reason, her smile turned into a smirk though and she looked  at me and replied " You know, you were much nicer when you were quite." I rolled my eyes and moved toward the door, after handing her the keys to her car.

"Yea well, lucky for you I like you enough to even make comments about your time management." Lucy looked at me and crossed her arms before rushing towards the door.

"Hurry up missy or you'll be late!" She snapped back before leaving me in the living the room.

.
.
.
"Courtney!" I heard two familiar voices call out as I closed my now given locker. After listening to Lucy try to sing like Shakira during the car ride to school, I rushed out of the car  as soon as she pulled into the parking lot and unlocked the door. Now I was staring up at a blonde surfer and her goth best friend as they both crossed their arms at me.

"What?" I asked, now confused. They looked at each other and back at me, shocked that I had the nerve to reply back "what?" to them. I'm starting to think this talking to trusted people thing wasn't a good look for me.

"What?!" They both said in unison.
"Where the heck did you go on Saturday? —
"Why the heck didn't you call us? —
"Why the heck have you not answered our calls?"
"Why are you smiling right now? We were so worried?!" Gwen and Bridgette both said, cutting each other off after every line.

"Duncan and I were hanging out, what's the big deal?" I said ignoring half of their questions. The thought of Saturday night crept up into my mind and I remembered how terrified I was, sitting on the back of the idiots motorcycle as he sped down the street and nearly hit pedestrians, then laughing when they called him ugly names that I will not repeat right now.

"Duncan?!" They both said looking at each other? They then looked at me with a smile on their face. "What were you and Mr.cold hearted doing on a Saturday night, alone?" Bridgette said as Gwen chuckled.

"He took me to a—" I forgot that I agreed to not mention that Duncan was actually a sensitive guy who cares about people, so I stopped myself mid-sentence. "He forced me into going with him to a creepy cemetery," I replied back.

They both looked at each other and back at me, "Thats gross," Bridgette said, now concerned about my health and wellbeing. "Thats sounds so fun and peaceful, I wish I went too," Gwen replied, sad that she wasn't invited. I looked at them both curiously.

"I need new friends," I said bluntly.

"You barely accept us as friends," Bridgette said with her arms crossed. I smiled sheepishly as Gwen agreed with her. Though what she said was true, they are better friends than anybody I knew growing up, or at least they decided to be friends with me even though I'm a troubled girl who wouldn't talk to them for 3 years, but who am I to tell them that they're great friends?

"Courtney- Courtney!" Bridgette called out, waking me out of my thought. I looked at the blonde as she pointed towards the narrow hall. It took me a while to figure out who exactly she was pointing at but when I saw him I couldn't help but blush.

"Isn't he so cute?" Bridgette asked. I immediately looked at her in disbelief. Why would she think Duncan is cu- "I mean look how good he looks in that pink shirt, *ugh* Geoff is the definition of man." I realized that the blue eyed blonde was standing next to the guy I couldn't keep my eyes off.

For a moment though, I thought Bridge was calling Duncan cute, and I had no idea what to think of that. Or why it made me mad that she had the nerve to call him cute.

____________________________________
Hey guys, thanks for reading this story since the beginning of my cringe stage 💓