Speechless - 26

Saturday afternoon .... the Nelson's resident

Authors POV:
"George stop prancing around the house looking for something out of the ordinary to stress about," Elizabeth said as she continued to make dinner for tonight's fun evening. She watched as her husband went back and forth fixing everything he thought was out of place. "I haven't seen you this fidgety since our supervisor came over for a home evaluation to see if you can hold the job."

"I'm sorry.. I just... I want everything to run smoothly tonight, it's—"

"Important we know!" Luis interrupted as he was entering the room. Their twenty-two year old son barged in with plates and glasses to set up the dinner table as requested. "What's so important about this girl anyways?" He asked, watching his father act like a fool over a seventeen year old.

"Yea! I don't even get this much attention!" Adrian said as he helped his mother cook. Elizabeth rolled her eyes at her two boys.

"Luis, you should know by now, she's been through a lot like we have and your father has treated her like his own child since hers.."

"Oh we're talking about her—" Luis said cutting his mother off. "Wait she's back?!" He asked now fidgeting around with his father.

"Did I miss something?" Adrian asked confused by all of the grown up conversation.

"No sweetheart, you were only three when you met her so you don't really remember the girl, just know that she's important to this family just like we're important to hers," Elizabeth said reassuring her son that he's not left out.

"Good,l because I'd hate for a random stranger to up one me! Do you know how hard it is to be the favorite son in this family?" He asked making everyone look at him. "I mean not that hard because Duncan's a loser and Luis is a loser that lives with his parents—"

"Shut the fuc—"

"Adrian, we do not have favorites, and don't call your brothers losers," his mother said interrupting him and Luis.

"So you mean to tell me... I've been working hard to not be the least favorite son... for nothing??!" He asked unamused. Elizabeth looked at him angrily then continued to move dinner to the table as she rolled her eyes.

"Hold on, speaking of least favorite son... where's Duncan?" Luis asked. The loud sound of emo punk music blared from upstairs letting them know that at least he was home.. this time.

"I'll go get him." Elizabeth quickly took off her oven mitts as she watched George glare at the second floor hallway.

.....
"Jesus Duncan, when will you clean this room?" His mother asked as she worked to push the door open. His clothes plastered all around the floor and what smelled like 3 weeks old pizza haunted his room. "Will you get up?!" She yelled making the black haired seventeen year old fall off his bed.

"It's Saturday!" He groaned as he continued to lay on the floor.

"Thank you for pointing that out son, now get up, shower and get ready for our guests to arrive," she said as he got up and scratched his head slowly. "And clean up your damn room!" She yelled as she slammed his door close.

Duncan rolled his eyes and threw some of his clothes into the closet, "Eh, I'll do the rest next week." He quickly got his towel and walked out of his bedroom and into the bathroom, where he decided to stare at himself in the mirror for 5 minutes, thinking.

"Fuck," he looked at the cut Alejandro left by his eyebrow after Friday's fight with him. He smiled as he remembered how fun it was to beat up uptight dicks like him.

"Duncan, ma told me to come upstairs and tell you to stop procrastinating or whatever... and I wanted to tell you that you're a loser." He heard his little brother say from the other side of the door.

"Fuck off Adrian." Duncan got into the shower and did as his family requested and took a shower.

....
"Lucy, Courtney, it's so nice to finally see you two again!" Elizabeth squealed as she let the two into their house.

"It's so nice to finally see you two, and your kids sure have grown!" Lucy said as she looked at the two boys in front of her. Courtney stood behind Lucy, unsure of what to say.

"You sure have grown up to be gorgeous," Elizabeth said eyeing the silent Courtney. Courtney gave a shy smile and nodded her head to the woman.

"There she is!" George said looking at Courtney. The teen smiled when she noticed the police officer she knew all along.

"Why don't you two sit and we'll get everything set up for di—" George said before being interrupted by a loud noise from upstairs. The sound got louder as they all realized the music was back on. "I'm sorry about that, that would be our other son, I'll just go get him."

"So... Courtney? Is it?" Adrian said looking at the brunette. "FYI I've been slaving around so my mom and dad can get me 2k21.. don't outshine me!" He softly screamed at the brunette. Courtney smirked a little. "Also, I turn eighteen in six years, just letting you know." He continued,  now winking at her.

Courtney's POV:
After being threatened by a twelve year old who may have just flirted with me, I sat down at an empty chair along with everyone. We waited patiently for George and his other son to come back downstairs so dinner could start, but for the meantime, Lucy and Elizabeth continued to chat about the old times.

"I know... I can't believe it's been nine years at that!" Elizabeth said. "They were so close too, always with each other, either fighting or playing around, it was hard for him seeing them leave." I sat there confused on what they were talking about. Who was close?

"Sorry about that, my son likes to do his own thing sometimes," George said finally entering the room with.... Duncan?

I looked at the pierced kid as he walked into the room angrily. "Well I never said I wanted to have ducking dinner with—" he paused catching a glimpse of me. "Fuck."

———————————————————
Courtney and Duncan are in the same room together, with their family? What's this talk about being close? Will dinner with the Nelsons go well?

Like for more updates 💓
Follow @lolduncan 💓
Comment what you think about this chapter 💓