Speechless - 9

My onyx eyes flickered as the bright sun shined down on me making me as tan as I already was. I was siting in a house, it wasn't the house you'd feel comfortable being in, but a weird house that felt completely empty yet filled with bright furniture. I was in a sad old house and I didn't know why.

"Courtney honey let's go." A young women said as she walked out the door. I didn't get to see what she looked like but her voice was as soothing as a mother's love. Not that I'd know.

I heard the honking of a car and immediately moved my feet without any commands from my brain. I looked at the car, a black Chrysler 300 the one my parents used to leave in every day and every night. I stepped into the car and buckled my seatbelt, unsure of where I was going and unsure of  who the women was. Until they glanced at me through the rare view mirror.

"Courtney aren't you excited to be going to the theatre with me and papa?"

"I heard this year the opera is going to be spectacular." She said again.

"Mamá? Papá?" I asked shockingly looking at both brunettes. I wasn't sure what was happening, I was sitting in a car heading to see an opera with my mother, who died and my father who has been in a coma for 9 years.

__________________
We parked outside the theater, tall men and short women wearing high heeled shoes walked past are car and entered the building, I was anxious and excited, I was amazed. I stepped out of the car before my parents, both remained in the car to doll up for viewings eye. It took me a while to let the words slip out of my mouth but as soon as I did both smiled and opened the door of the vehicle. "Mom, dad, hurry we will be late!"

"Ok sweetheart one mo-" a delightful smile faded from my mouth as I watched the words wipe from my mother's mouth and onto the street along with her.

"MAMÁ , PAPÁ!" I shouted as I witnessed a white van hit my parents and our car, making it tumble over towards the street with them still inside. People rushed to the accident and saw as the car blew up into flames, sweat formed from my face and my eyes uncontrollably. Police sirens, ambulances, fire trucks all rushed out of nowhere making me quiver in fear.

"Courtney, Courtney!" The policeman shouted into my ear. Eyes closed. Body on the floor. I laid their like a dead dog. "Courtney get up!"

My eyes widen and I found myself sitting in an empty school bus. "Courtney are you alright? You're sweating like crazy!" Bridgette asked worriedly. Still fixated on the scene that just occurred I looked at the blonde with confusion.

W-what happened, where am I? I said to myself. I could see my reflection in Bridgette's big hazel eyes, tear stains lying on my cheek and beads of sweat laying on my forehead causing my hair to frizz.

"Courtney, are you alright? One moment you're sleeping soundly and the next moment you're sweating like crazy." She said with worry.

So I was dreaming the whole time, I'm still having dreams about my parents? But why this one? Why not the one where the policeman comes to my house? Why is this happening again?

"Courtney we have to go, we're back at school already your aunt is probably waiting for you in the front, you're lucky we arrived 3 minutes ago and that everyone left the bus already or they would have saw what just happened with you." The blonde talked nonstop.

I opened my mouth to talk but didn't have the courage to say any word, I felt like I ate cinnamon and all that could come out of my mouth was flakes of dust. I stood up and followed Bridgette out of the yellow vehicle.

I saw the group of kids standing by the teacher, some leaving with parents, some waiting for parents, some like Scott, Duncan, and Alejandro's brother, Jose, all staring at me as I exited the bus.

"Hey Courtney!" Jose and Scott both shouted out in unison like a group of thirsty hounds all wanting the same thing. They looked at each other and back at me. Though something else was running through my mind, I wasn't really focused on them.

"Courtney!" My aunt shouted out of her car with a huge smile on her face. I tried to smile at the lady but something stopped me, my heart begun to ache and when I opened my mouth to speak, it closed back up. I looked at the concrete floor and walked towards her car, feeling awful.

_________________________________

A/N:
I've updated this story for the last time now, I know exactly what I want to do with it now and plan on making it good 💓 hopefully you guys enjoy this new revised story 🥺👉🏾👈🏾