Speechless - 4

Authors POV
It was a rainy Monday morning, school was in session and everybody was buzzing and taking about what happened yesterday between Heather and the new girl, Courtney. "I heard that Heather got beat up by her," Owen said, causing others to join the conversation.

"Well I heard that Heather tripped on Courtney's knuckle!" Beth said.

Noah looked at Beth dumbfounded, "How do one trip on a knuckle Beth?" He asked unamused. She begun to speak but realized her opinion was irrelevant so she threw her head down in embarrassment.

"I'm happy Courtney stood up for herself, at least someone has the guts to talk back to the mean girl," Cody said eyeing Courtney as she took her stuff out of her bookbag. Gwen and Bridgette was sitting next to Courtney, they talked amongst her, but Courtney didn't budge.

After the teacher walked in she told the class to stop talking so she can start the attendance,
Alejandro?
-Here
Beth?
-Right here
Bridgette?
-Here
Cody?
-Right here
Courtney?
*silence*
Courtney?
"She's right here," Gwen said answering for her.
DJ?
-Here
Duncan?
*silence*
Duncan Nelson?
"I'm here, I'm here," he said, now entering the class.

"You're late!" the old teacher said hollering at the boy.

"Well, you called me and I answered you, I'm not late, plus the bell hasn't rang" he said smirking.

"That's because you broke it when you threw the chair at it" Trent said laughing. Duncan rolled his eyes at the green eyed man and folded his arms.

"Boys be quite or else you'll find yourselves in detention, AGAIN," the teacher said before she continued the roll call.

Ezekiel?
-Here mate!
Geoff?
-Chyaa
Gwen?
-Here
Harold?
-Awesome
Heather?
-Whatever
Izzy
-It's E-Scope!
Justin?
-Beautiful
Jo?
-Here!
Katie?
-Here
Lightning?
- That's SHALIGHTNING to you!
She rolled her eyes and continued the role call.
Owen?
-Cake!
Scott?
-Here
Sadie?
-Here
And Trent?
-Right here
_
_
After about 15 minutes of the lesson the teacher paused it to talk about a beginning of the school year camping trip. "There will be transportation and food so don't worry, your parents are welcomed too, so invite them if you want!" Mrs.Smith said.

"Too bad some people don't have parents," Heather softly whispered to her friends, while eyeing Courtney.

"Listen kids don't forget to study for the upcoming social studies quiz this Wednesday!" The teacher said ignoring what Heather said, the class grunted in unison. "I know it's the beginning of the school year but the first test is always the hardest so I encourage you to study hard, and you'll breeze through this year no problem," she continued

Bell Rings

Half the kids ran out of class leaving Duncan and his group behind, "Courtney, wait for us!" Gwen said, Courtney didn't listen, she left the classroom. "Let's follow her anyways, our next class is with Mr.Santos and he's always asleep," Bridgette said running behind her.

Courtney's POV
I was walking to my next class, my papers were in my hand and my shoes were untied so I stopped to tie them, I looked around and didn't see anyone in particular so I continued on minding my own business, I admired my outfit today, black ripped up denim jeans with a white crop top that said "Shhh," ironically of course, and my white converse to complete it. My hair was in a messy bun and all three of my ear holes were filled with rings, two black plugs and one big hoop. As I got up off the dirty floor and started to walk someone bumped into me and my papers went flying on the floor, his tanned body resembled Alejandro, a classmate I seen, so did his light brown hair.

"Oh shit it's Lee, the biggest bully at school!" Bridgette said staring at Courtney and Alejandro's older brother from afar.

"Watch where you're fucking going  pipsqueak!" he said pulling himself off the floor. That idiot bumped into me and he's telling me to watch where I was going? Why the hell is everyone in this damn school so mean? I got off the floor and kicked the tall asshole in the place where the sun doesn't shine, then went to my next class, Music.

When I got there I realized that I left all my papers sitting on the floor, damn it, it had all my notes on it and now I have nothing to study with, I wanted to ask the teacher if I could get my papers but I couldn't. I sat in the classroom thinking about if my papers were thrown out by the janitor when the green haired kid gave me them, "You dropped something princess," he said handing me my notes.

Duncan's POV
When I walked out of the classroom I noticed that Bridgette and Gwen was hiding in the corner of the locker so I went to see what they were looking at and I saw them staring at Ms. Silent and I'm so tough Jose Lee, Alejandro's older brother. what is wrong with these two? After seeing her kick the dude in his kiwis, i snickered and went up to the guy. he looked at me he scurried away unfortunately, I rolled my eyes as he left, "pussy," i said to myself. I was about to go to music when I saw some papers on the floor so I picked it up and walked off.  When I entered the class I saw her sitting by herself, she held up a small violin, I walked up to her and handed her the papers since it belonged to her.

"You dropped something princess," I said handing her the notes, she took her papers and gave me a quick smile, pulling away immediately from it. She didn't say thank you, how rude. I pulled up a chair next to her and smiled, she looked at me coldly but I found it cute, I took my electric guitar out and started playing with it, eventually breaking the strings and smashing the whole equipment. "Duncan Nelson, this is the third time you've broken the instruments!" Mr. Estrada, the old bat yelled.

"Sorry man, you know how I get when I'm jamming, I got carried away," I said smirkingly.

"Keep it up and you'll be carried away to detention!" Mr.Estrada said. Whatever I don't even care.
_
_
_
Lunch was the same as always, disgusting slop made by Chef and constant arguing over dumb shit like school and clothes, I was sitting at my table with my friends, extremely tired since I spent 4 nights wide awake because of a dare me and Geoff was given by Trent, winner got 200 bucks. "Duncaan, you look like crap dude" the always admired principle McClain said standing by my table while on lunch duty. "Stuff it!" I snapped back.
"Duncan and Geoff stayed up for 4 nights just for 200 bucks" Trent said.

"Wow,  four nights with no sleep? how much are you hurting dude?" Principle McClain said laughing. "You wanna find out?" I said angrily. "No no, it's cool, it's cool" he said waving his hands up while everyone around the table ducked under it.

-
After taking a long nap in gym, the bell rang letting us know it was time to go home, I said my farewells and headed out the door of the school, no detention today. As I was walking down my street I heard a girl talking, it was my new neighbor, I walked by the gate and saw Ms.Silent sniffling on her porch steps. "Were you crying?" I asked while standing by her gate. She didn't say anything. As I was walking away, I heard her saying something but to my surprise it was someone else saying thank you to her when she handed her a rose, I guess her she was the female voice I heard before.