Speechless: Season 2 - 37

Duncan's POV:
Courtney and I sat in the back of my fathers police car as he turned left in the direction of our school. I looked at her as she stared out the window, and smirked when she turned to face me. I rubbed the back of my neck and said, "Sorry you have to ride in the back like you're a criminal," as she chuckled at my embarrassment.

She shrugged and stared back out, "It's ok, it kind of brings back memories of how he used to give me rides around town, back when my grandmother was still around," she said as she slid some strands of her hair behind her ear. She turned back to me and smiled. "I actually think you were with us during some of those rides," she continued.

I smiled, and thought back on some of my childhood memories, with most of it being with my older brother, Mateo, I grew to forget anything that was recurrent in my life. But, for some reason I always remembered a little girl I always hated, her and her soft brown eyes.

"Ok you two, you're here." My father said as the door flew open. "Sorry I have to open it myself, you know criminals and there whole getaway attempts," he continued now making Courtney laugh. I rolled my eyes.

We looked around as people watched us get out, it wouldn't have bothered me now because I got used to the stares after I turned sixteen, when Mateo died, but I was worried because all this could be affecting Courtney. I turned to look at her then noticed how uncomfortable she looked.

She squeezed her hands into a fist and breathed in slowly, so I did what I thought would help her, wrapped my arms around her and brought her closer to me.

"It's ok, I'm here," I said as I whispered into her ear. She eased up and slightly grinned.

"Thank you," she replied softly.

Gwen's POV:
"So I told my mom, "Ma, I'm eighteen you can't keep leaving outfits out for me to wear throughout the week," Geoff said as I turned to face my locker. "Then she told me I don't know how to dress myself," he continued.

"Geoff, what are you doing?" I asked confused.

He looked at me and shrugged, " What do you mean?" He asked.

"Stop talking to me like we're in the middle of a conversation, I just got here," I said as I got my books out of my locker.

"I'm sorry," he replied flustered.

"Like you were literally standing by your locker staring at the floor until I came over here," I continued, now making fun of him.

"Ok I get it!" He squealed, embarrassed now.

"Hey babe, hey other babe," Bridgette said, breaking up our now argument, I hugged the surfer after she jumped into Geoff's arms and kissed him. "What's up with Geoff," she said noticing his unsettlement.

"He's upset, I made him scream like a female." I replied.

Geoff rolled his eyes and shouted deeply. "Gwen!"

"Why did you sound like you were impersonating Batman," I asked, repulsed at the attempt to prove how masculine he is.

"I wasn't, and I am a tough macho dude," he said as he slammed his fist into his chest, trying to prove something he thought would empower him. "I'm in my prime time baby, wanna see me lift this?" He said, talking to Bridgette as he pointed towards a water fountain.

"You're embarrassing yourself," I said as I watched him grunt as he held onto the machine. "Please don't make me laugh at you," I now pleaded.

"Hey guys, what's...up," I heard Duncan say from behind us, "why is Geoff trying to lift the water fountain that's bolted to the floor?" He continued. I looked at Courtney who appeared to be standing next to him as he held her hand?

"He's ... trying to prove he's a boy or something, I don't know, what- what are you two doing?" I said pointing at the two repeatedly. They smiled and looked at each other, now bringing Geoff and Bridgette's over to them.

"Uh, Courtney and I are.. we're, talking now," Duncan said, as he stuttered between words, making Courtney give him some physical space.

"We're talking?" She asked softly, "I thought we'd be doing more than just ta—"

"I didn't know that we'd make that decision so fast, I mean—"

"Well I thought we did back at your place earlier," she said cutting him off, "but yea, let's just talk." She said getting his hand off of her and storming away.

Duncan's POV:
"Courtney wait!" Gwen shouted as her and Bridgette ran after her.

"Dude, since when were you two, that?" Geoff asked as I pressed my head against the lockers. "You literally told me that there was no way in hell you'd go out with Barlow, she scares you."

"I know but... she's just different, everything about her calms me down, and I really need that, I need her," I said softly, hoping I didn't hear myself nonetheless Geoff. Admitting to myself that I really like this girl, could really fuck up my heart again.

"Aww, Duncan Nelson is a simp!" Geoff said, ruining the moment I created for myself. I rolled my eyes and looked at the loser.

"You just tried to lift a water fountain that's bolted to the floor for a girl," I said embarrassing him again. I sighed and thought back to Courtney, and how Geoff was right, she does scare me.

_________________________________
Bon voyage!
.... I really hope I said that right 😂