Speechless: Season 2 - 36

Author's POV:

"Lucy, I need you to calm down! We're going to do everything we can to find her!" George said as he jumped out of bed. The black haired man quickly shook up his wife who woke up startled by the sudden outburst from her husband. "I'm sure Courtney is fine!" He softly shouted alerting his wife that Courtney was presumed to be missing.

"No, I'm telling you, according to her father, last night she went straight to bed and now I can't find her anywhere." Lucy softly exclaimed as she panicked around. "I knew taking care of a teenager was going to be tough but I never thought she'd runaway after everything that has happened." She continued now grabbing her car keys off the table.

"Maybe she's at school? Calm down will you, you're giving me a headache," Clifford, Courtney's father stated as he tried to eat his breakfast. Lucy rolled her eyes and put her shoes on.

"Clifford is probably right, Duncan! Maybe she's at school?" George said as he shouted his sons name. He banged on his door continuously, remembering the teenager loved to lock his bedroom door when he was in it.

"I hope you're right because I don't know what I'd do if Courtney ran away without even talking to me about whatever it was that made her think running away was a good solution," Lucy said as she walked towards the door. "I'm going to go out and see if I see her anywhere she likes to hang out."

"We'll try to look around too, and I'll have Duncan let us know if he sees her at school," George continued, now hanging up the phone after the five minute call from Lucy. "Duncan what did I tell you about—"

....
Lucy's POV:

"Are you sure?" I said as I got out of my car. I walked towards the house as I sighed with relief and opened it. "What the hell was she thinking scaring me half to death like that?" I asked rhetorically.

"That was fast, did you guys find her?" Clifford said as he took his plate to the kitchen.

"Yea, thankfully. She's with..."

....
Duncan's POV:

"Duncan what did I tell you about—" I heard as my eyes tried to readjust to the mornings light. I turned to see my father standing in my room, unusually surprised. So I looked around and saw what made him surprise.

"Why is she here?" He asked unamused and angry. I looked at Courtney who continued to sleep soundly, with my blanket wrapped around her body.

"Dad it's not what—"

"No, Duncan, what can possibly explain why my friends granddaughter is sleeping in your bed with your shirt on her?" He shouted, waking Courtney up and cutting me off.

She looked around and widened her eyes in realization that she wasn't in her own bedroom.

"She was cold?"
"Oh my god..." We both said in unison.

"Mr. Nelson, I swear it wasn't what you were thinking," she said continuing her repulsion as she got out of my bed. I felt a little offended at this point. If we did do anything, Courtney wouldn't even be able to walk the next morning. "I came in here last night because I wanted to make sure Duncan was ok and..."

"Why would you come here last night to make sure he was ok?" My dad asked, cutting off her sentence.

"You know, I asked her the same question," I added as I got up as well, making them both roll their eyes.

"I just... care about him?" She said, slightly unsure of herself.

My father sighed and pressed his fingertips against his forehead, making a small grey strand of hair appear on the side of his scalp. I wanted to acknowledge it but something told me if I did, I'd be in more trouble than I was already.

"Fine, fine... just get ready for school you two, I'll give you guys a ride." He said as he walked towards my door. I looked at him with repulsion, he has never offered me a ride to school so what could possibly change.

"Shit.. I can't believe I fell asleep here." Courtney said as she panicked about. I smiled slightly and looked down at her. "What?" She asked softly.

I slowly walked over to the short girl and grabbed her face before whispering, "thank you," in her ear, for allowing me to vent to her last night. I looked at her and noticed how red she appeared to be with me so close to her, so I did what I tried not to do for a while now. I kissed her.

"So.. what now?" She asked as we both pulled away after what seemed to be forever.

"Well, now we go to school. And if you want to pretend that this wasn't the second time I've gotten to kiss those soft lips of yours, we can." I said as my forehead lied on hers. I felt her breath on mine and though that morning breath really does hit sometimes, hers didn't bother me.

"Or... we can kiss again, for the third time, then go to school and stop hiding the fact that we're both attracted to each other," she said with a lower tone. She sounded so nervous saying it, as if she was scared that I wouldn't agree, so I smiled.

Then I pressed my lips back onto hers and song along to the beat our mouths made as we stood in my bedroom alone and unbothered by anyone who could interrupt us this time. "I like your idea better." I said as I quickly caught my breath.

"Duncan! Courtney! Get down here!" We heard from downstairs. Courtney softly chuckled and looked down.

"Welcome to the Nelson's," I said as I smirked.

—————————————
Duncan and Courtney has finally acknowledged the fact that they like each other! Will this end up boosting their relationship? Or will things turn south for them?

I need some new tik tok videos to laugh at, turn me up!