-12-

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈

"I'll ditch work then. What do you want? Snacks? Clothes?" Jake ask to the phone, ruffling his hair in distress.

Not that he noticed, someone was eavesdropping while being hidden. It smirked widely, thinking about a diabolical plan.

As jake ends the call, he sighs on his stupidity of being uncontrollably jealous. But nevertheless, he was packing his stuff to go immediately at the apartment daesun stays.

"Mr Sim" Mrs Joo finally reveal herself. A creepy smile in her face. Jake was startled by the woman's presence and quickly hid his expression.

"Mrs Joo, my parents are at the next floor. You can talk to them, i have an important business to go-"

"I don't need them. I need you" She says seductively, crawling her hand to his shoulder. The young man was disgusted and eagerly step back.

"This is unacceptable Mrs Joo" He scoffs and didn't waste time to leave but he got pulled by the arm.

"Joo Daesun. You know where is she, am i right?" Jake's eyes widens and averted to her, a little chuckle goes out of her mouth. "Show me where she is, if you don't want anyone to get hurt in any means"

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈

Been three days after the traumatic incident but no one knew except for Jongseong and daesun what happened that day.

Seonhee and Jake's little sister avrielle were playing chess on the living room while jake was leaning against the wall quietly scrolling to his phone.

He felt bad for betraying daesun, but of course he had to prioritize more important things such as their safety. Mrs Joo was seriously scary.

"Oppa, why don't you join us? Seonhee is going to loose anyway" Avrielle gave a teasing look to her friend, seonhee death glared at her while wearing her mask connected to the nebulizer.

Yes, the girl has asthma so she's required to stay at home while she was on leave.

A maid came scurrying to them and said; "Madam, i think your parents has a visitor. It's Jay Park"

The two young ones widen their eyes, Jay Park? As in the man everyone loves-- "What do i do? I can't show myself at this state" Seonhee whined being worried what the man will think about her.

Jake sighed "I'll do the talking for you, it's fine" he suggested as seonhee grin widely and nodded.

Then the boy looked at his wrist where the bracelet they made was displayed, he had hinted that jay himself knows about what happened between them.

As Jay walks hastily in the mansion, followed by loads of maids and housekeepers. He quickly spotted jake and didn't hesitate to punch him in the face as everyone went shock.

"Yah! What the heck that's my brother!" Avrielle shouted furiously, unable to process what just occurred.

"I can't believe you can do that" Jay uttered underneath his breath that was shaking and ready to shout or yell. Jake held the side of his lip where he got punched, seeing a damp of blood.

Jay holds him by the collar, making eye contact with him. "Do you even know what daesun gone through? Do you?" He shakes him every time he pronounces a word.

"Of course i do. I'm her friend"

"You shouldn't be calling yourself that, you don't even know what she's gone through this past few days"

"Please boys, i understand my sister's been missing for awhile but let's not fight about this" Seonhee interrupts with stern and serious face. Jay lets go of Jake's collar slowly.

The atmosphere became quiet not until the assistant of jay comes in the mansion, bringing some important news. "Miss joo discharged herself"

Eyes widen, jay curses and dialed in his phone daesun's number, impatiently waiting for her to answer.

Jake being confuse looks at him and hold back his questions, but deep down he wanted to ask so many questions after that.

"She isn't answering-"

"I knew you'll be here" Across the room, a fainting voice spoke delicately. A bandage wrapped around her head, the kick was strong to make her unconscious for almost two days and she was stayed in a private hospital for herself.

Jay lowered his phone away from his ear and looked at the person in a distance. "Daesun"

He walked over to her quickly, checking anything odd. "Did you got here safe while driving? Why did you even left without anyone to accompany you? How have you been? Were the doctors nice? Were you comfortable with them?" He quizzes so many questions and kept on checking on her.

Daesun nods slowly, "Mhm, I'm alright. Nothing to worry about. I was really great"
Her lips curls a little and goes back down to reassure him. One by one she glances to the people present in the room, including jake.

Capturing every small details on their gazes, unknowingly. She was glad to see real people before her eyes than dreaming unfamiliar ones, that made her whimper in sleep, just like the doctors said to her.

What she didn't know that a water droplet trails down her eye, unnotice. Feeling the warm liquid fall down her cheek, she gently brushes it off and confirmed herself it was a tear. "Why am i crying?" She mumbles, lifting her gaze to jay.

"It's okay, there's nothing wrong to cry" he reminded and tried to comfort her.

"I'm scared...." Daesun finally admits, her lips separating shakily. She sees fire spreading around, a woman panicking and holding something on her arms while trying to escape the room that's being burned.

Was she hallucinating? It looked surreal watching the woman troubled finding a way to escape. A big chunk of wood collapse on top of her, she gently rolls her child out of the disaster.

"Save my child! Save her!" The woman screams right before her as if she was talking to daesun that made her extremely terrified. Soon, her voice wasn't audible, hinting that she was dead.

The newborn cried and cried not seeing the mother as fire kept on spreading. Daesun slowly moved, carefully made her way to the child.

But then the ceiling above fell down to the arm of the child. Daesun screamed as the place exploded, vanishing out of her sight--

"Daesun snap out of it! Pull yourself together, please!" Jay yelled and shook her as her vision went back to the usual scenario, yet she was a crying mess in the floor.

Jake stood there shock, hesitantly approaching them, tears on his eyes too.

"W-where's the child? Where is she?!" Daesun sobs, searching for the child who was nearly burnt.

"The child is safe together with the mother, so don't worry, okay?" Jay explains, holding her shoulders together.

"B-but... There was someone there.... They were burning..." She points the direction in front of her yet there was nothing there other than seonhee and avrielle, still looking at her shock.

Vividly remembering the child and mother on her mind, as she thought about it again like earlier at the hospital. Her not being aware with anything else, didn't knew that she fainted on Jay's arms. Again.

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈

Hm, I wonder who's the mother and child 🤨