-32-

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈

Everyone fell into deep silence, each person who witness the two's muted argument tried to continue tidying up equipment, but every step they take can be regretful because of this awkward situation.

"Daesun wait" Jake finally brought himself back together, dragging his foot towards the exit and left without any word to the others.

He ran out of the room, saw Daesun walking from a far. Picking up her pace, he shouted her name. "Daesun--"

"Let's not draw a scene here, Sim Jaeyun" Daesun whispers to his ear after he shouted and grabbed her wrist. With her other hand, she held Jake's wrist and tighten the grip.

"If you want to explain yourself. In my office" not other than that, she left. Facing the opposite direction towards jake and went to elevator towards her office.

Jake still didn't understand why she's being like this. Likely, she won't just do it for no reason. So if she's mad to him,

That's means, he really did something. Something bad to make her look like she's the next reason why martial law will exist again.

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈

Jake arrived at the floor whereas her office stays, a little to the left perhaps. He walks further to the halls, meeting few workers on the way.

He took his last normal breath away and knocked at the door. No response, he just decided to open it.

And there's daesun meeting him, arms cross to the chest, eyebrows knitted together in an angry way, and kept the death glare shot at most of the people she will ever have eye contact on.

The boy gulped nervously to what he is not aware of. Shutting the door behind him, daesun sighed.

"Where have you been?" Was the first stern question she uttered out. Most likely to make Jake's spine shiver and form goosebumps all over his arms.

"I was doing work. And i lost track of time and forgot to have lunch with you. I'm really sorry about that" He gave his sincerest apologies to what he thinks he done wrong.

Though missing lunch wasn't even a big deal for her, she understands that.

Daesun nodded, "I didn't know you have a secretary" She says out of context.

"But I don't"

"Then explain the man who introduced himself as Secretary Shin Baekhee to Editor Yang. In short terms, you were the one who ordered his soul to drop lunch for me" She raised an eyebrow, waiting for his response now that she had spilled the beans to what she was angry for.

He was stuck into stammering thoughts, being caught red handed at this point. She notices it really well and sighed momentarily.

"Jake. I know that i have no right to tell you who should you hire as workers or whatevs but please, Secretary Shin worked with my ex-step mother. And you know how i much i hate her" Daesun explains in the calmest way she can handle.

On the other hand, jake stayed too silent, in his mind panicking and thinking right now. Head hung low to avoid eye contact, even in the slightest.

"Jake. The more you stay silent, the more I'll assume you're thinking of excuses. So whatever reason why you did that, just tell me!" She held both his shoulders, making him look at her. It's like she's digging the tip of her finger to him but not exactly to her perspective.

The moment she realized what she has done, she immediately faltered the grasp yet still stayed into the same position. Daesun breathed out, "Listen. If you think I'm mad or overreacting, well i am. I admit it. It's just that. My ex-step mother really did dirty to me and my mom, you know that well, right?"

"It just traumatizes me how lunatic she can be just over greed. And Mr Shin was also a person who helped her. I hope you understand where i am going"

"So, to what reason you have in your mind. Tell me, so i can understand you too. You can't just do that because you had nothing to do. You can tell me, right? We're friends after all" Daesun caresses his broad shoulders for reassurance, telling by the eyes of hers that she can understand him in one way or another.

"We're friends, right jake?"

"Right?"

Although, jake stood dead muted. And broke the long eye contact, putting his head back low. Daesun finally let go of his shoulders, letting hers fall to the side of her hips. She sighed and nodded in approval.

"I'll give you time" She mutters and sat back to her chair as if nothing happened. She fixes the papers and schedules on her desk, trying to ignore jake for the sake.

"You may leave"

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈

Cameras flashes through daesun's vision. She tried to cover her eyes from the irritating lights and also tried to catch up to whatever the host's saying.

Joo-High Cooperation won't be resting this summer and rather launch more cosmetics and accessories just for the summer season.

That means more photoshoots, more work, more meetings, more posters. Sigh.

Finally the press conference finished to death. People one by one left the big room, leaving Mr Joo, Seonhee, daesun and other heads of their company.

"Before we release the new products. The company will be close for about 2 weeks of rest, i respect our worker's vacations" Mr Joo announces to the head admin while collecting papers on the table.

He turns his head to his daughters that were waiting patiently, "Should we eat before going home?"

Daesun and Seonhee cheered successfully, as their father announced food trip before going home. They walk together to the parking lot, laughing and talking.

The eyes daesun attentively uses caught a figure in some distance. She can't entirely see the person's face but to the looks of it, it was a female about an age. In a dash, the lady swooped out of her vision which confused her.

Considering it was nothing, she shook her head and continued to chat with her two love ones.

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈