-54-

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈

The smell of coffee filled the store, technically it should be since it's a coffee shop. A waitress placed down Jay and Jake's drinks and left to serve others. "I don't understand. She's still that problematic? After all these years? What's her deal even?" Jay questioned frequently, it didn't made logical sense to him. 

Jake listened to his confusion while sipping his iced coffee. The news they heard earlier wasn't new to him after all. "Daesun resembles so much about her mother. That's why Ms Han is taking her anger to daesun" He explained firmly. 

"What kind of reason is that!?" He said frustratingly with his american accent. People in the store stared at them, since they were surprised by his sudden yelling, thus they can't understand him. Jake apologized quickly to everyone, while hiding his face so no one could recognize him. 

"We should tell daesun about this. That they are planning things on us" He added. But still, Ms Han had the upper hand while they had empty beef about them. 

Jay pondered deeply, "Maybe if you announce your separation before Myunji could? People will assume it's false and you can deny it easily" 

"But they have a voice recording of you two. People won't possibly believe it's fabricated" 

"Then we have to dig deeper. Find a bigger issue of them to cover up yours" Jay thought slowly, making the boy in front of him confused for a second. 

"A-and where exactly should we dig first?" Jake asked hesitantly, while jay and him made serious eye contact. Where can they find secrets of dear Han Myunji? 

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈

Daesun sluggishly opened the door of her apartment. Her eyes looking straight down at her feet, but once she saw the familiar prada shoes, she knew who were right in front of her. "Daesun!" Jay beamed while jake was beside him, shyly checking her state, yet she quickly slammed the door to their face. 

"Hey, come on! I told you, it's not your fault!" Jay's voice muffled. As she ran to her bed and cover her ears. She was silently begging in her mind for them to leave so she wouldn't have to face any consequences anymore. 

A few minutes later, their voices began to disappear, she instantly thought that they gave up. She also checked and indeed they were nowhere to be found. But it confuses her why they've given up so quickly. 

"Daesun Joo, open the door!" Her ears collected a muffling shout across the room. Once she arrived her bedroom, her jaw drop when she saw the two in the balcony. Whereas the fire escape stairs were there. Jay happily waved like a kid. Although the one beside him uncomfortably stood there, questioning it's own presence. 

Jay lifted jake's hand and forcefully made it wave like his, as they did a little dance. "Shit..." Daesun said to herself, there's no way she can escape this one.

Jake and Daesun sat across from each other, hoping they wouldn't meet eyes, or talk to each other as of the moment. They were in an extremely awkward situation and god, they didn't know how to get out of it. 

The smell of brownies flew in their noses as Jay placed a tray of them, freshly cooked from the oven. He sat between them and glanced upon their status. Which was going bad. "Is there something we need to talk about?" Daesun asked slowly. 

"Han Myunji and Seonhee, they're planning to take journalists to your company this wednesday" Jay directly said the main issue. Daesun didn't feel anything upon hearing his statement. She was already numb with the events that happened beforehand.

"What are we supposed to do then?" She still asked. Jay and Jake shared a look first to each other before spilling half of their plan to her.

"So you're saying, we should find some other issue to cover up ours?" Daesun asked yet again, making jay nod as an answer.  "That's beyond absurd! How do you think it will even work? It'll just create a bigger fuss!" Daesun outraged after receiving his reassurance. She have done too many risks in her life and she vowed that the fake relationship was the last one. 

She stood up and stormed out of the bedroom to the kitchen, with a piece of brownies in her hand of course. 

They watched her leave until jay sighed, "Okay, i didn't of that clearly" He conclude after re-thinking his plan. Jake still kept his mouth shut and avoided anyone's eyes. 

Daesun came back with a more complex look, she hang her head low and frowned. "Maybe storming out isn't the best thing to do right now" She said and came back to sit. She took a brownie and ate in silence after what she did. 

"What if we provoke seonhee first. So we can get her to talk about anything else about her mother. She is the closest spy with Han Myunji" Jake finally spoke. The two instantly put their attention to him. As daesun thought about what he said.

"She did have one scandal that she was afraid to bring up. When she was in 8th grade, she bullied someone with her friends, to the point they almost made the kid do suicide" She lowers her voice before saying the ending of her sentence. Jay furrowed his eyebrows worriedly, it's the first time he heard this. 

Daesun continued to pondered deeply about it, "But i've forgotten what was the kid's name...." 

"Didn't seonhee transfer to the same high school you went to? They probably had a school book with all the student's names" Jake said, seonhee did transfer to 3 schools in high school. Went to a school for 7th grade then transferred to daesun's former school which was requested by their father, then she transferred somewhere else because of her scandal, which was never told to Mr Joo or anyone outside their classroom, all because of bribery.

"We do.... But the copy.... It's back at the mansion" Her heart ached, realizing that either way, she had to go back at the mansion and meet her father. She looked at jay and Jake with fear, and they knew that she would do everything to not go back in there. 

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈