-49-

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈

A cup of hot coffee was served in front of daesun, she hold it with both of her hands and took a sip. She anticipated it to be 'bad' as only jake makes her homemade coffee. But to her surprise it tasted legitably the same. Almost can be mistaken as a clone. "Your way of making coffee is good.." she comments with a calm tone, placing it down the table and stared into nowhere just to avoid his eyes. 

Jay instantly smiled after hearing her comment, he took a mere sip on his and placed it down too. Fixing his gaze on her. The atmosphere was mighty awkward than earlier. "What do you want to do while jake isn't home?" Jay asked, initiating a conversation. 

"Sleep, i guess" Daesun replied, finishing her drink in one go. The boy was shock at her love for coffee and tried not to put his lips apart. Later on, daesun excused herself to change while jay stayed on the living room, alone. 

There were no maids or workers, just them. Now that's something the old daesun wants. Something about her never changes. A minute passed, all the eyes wandering paid off as his eyes landed on something unusual. He picked up the pictured frame hanged on the wall. One of those photo booth pictures they used to go in the arcades. But he never seen this one, it was new to his sight. 

He took the photo out of the frame, wanting to picture it. Though something fell off once he did, another photo perhaps? Jay picked it up and saw him, a polaroid photo of him. Before he left. That memory was still fresh in his mind. Him saying goodbye, and confessing at the same time. 

A hand took both photos including the frame. "Stop touching stuff here" Daesun scowled, putting everything back in piece. She may sounded like a petty one, but to be honest, she was just nervous of him finding these kinds of photos. 

"My bad. I was just curious" Jay excused, still peeking his head to the photo. "Mind if i take a photo of it?" He asked nicely. 

Immediately, daesun threw the framed picture to a bin. Jay was speechless but kept it low key for the sake. "Please finish your coffee and leave. I would like to catch some sleep" She neatly fixed the pillows and took her cup to the sink. But she knew too well that she won't even dare sleep alone, it still hunts her. 

Daesun firmly washed the cup she used, maybe a little too firm. She washed it multiple times as she didn't want to make any more excuses to see him. She knew it was rude and cold of her, but seeing him after years felt like a bothersome to where she is now. 

After cleaning a single coffee mug, she washed her hands first and dried them with a towel. Without full awareness she accidentally knocked over the mug, crashing it into pieces. "Seriously!" She hisses, banging her fist in tiny to the counter. 

Several minutes occurred on the clock. Daesun scurry to the living room on her robe, just to see the one she doesn't really want to, asleep. "Of course, he sleeps after having coffee!" She slammed her palm against her forehead.

Leaving him alone with caffeine is instant karma. She tried to wake him up but he felt like jello, a dead person but alive. Argh, Who sleeps even after having coffee? 

With no other choice or any options, she just let him be. Either wait him to wake up or let jake do it, because she too was exhausted to move around frequently. "You stay here. I stay up" She cooed, leading herself to the elevator when she halted. Having something on her mind. She looked back at the bin, picking up the photos and brought it with her. 

She went down again, giving an excuse to herself that she needs to throw the garbage. On the spot, she got a blanket with her and hesitantly hover it to jay. "I'm not trying to be nice. I'm just concerned" Daesun spats, talking to someone who's in deep slumber. It was silly of her to wait for a reaction from him. 

Daesun played with her fingers, froze to her spot and was unable to move. She was still scared being asleep alone or even just wait jake there with no company upstairs. Her legs ached as she stood there for too long. On resulting, she sat on the floor and stared at the pictures displayed.

A messaged earned from jake, saying that he won't be home till eleven or so because of his father's unexpected visitors. She sighed, throwing her phone onto the other sofa. "Why did it have to be now!" Daesun screamed internally, stomping her feet without any sounds to prevent jay from waking up. 

She waited, and waited to be eleven o'clock. But time seemed to not cooperate this night. She thought if this was some sort of prank the universe had planned for her? Again, things are coming so unnoticed. Why are her nightmares coming after her all in once?

A phone ringed a notification, though it wasn't hers. She looked at jay who was still sleep as his coat was buzzing. Her arm reached for the pocket and saw his phone notifying, a reminder, the banner was reminding him to take pills for sleeping. "Since when do you take pills?" Daesun asked, again, he's still sleeping, no reply as expected.

She turned the reminder off. Pretending she did nothing. After some time, she didn't notice herself falling asleep. All events that happened today really made her drained. The blanket fell abruptly but softly and landed on her body, as the one in top of her sleepily smiled. "Since when did i sleep? Gosh" Jay questions, now he was the one left unanswered. And soon continued his slumber.

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈