-30-

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈

"New year. New energy. Good work everybody" Mr Seon congratulates the production team with the progress they have made this shooting.

Everyone got excused as daesun changed into different clothes after the long morning. Ruffling her hair, she tiredly got out of the dress room and halt to see jake standing in front.

"Ready for lunch?" He grinned. Carrying her bag with him.

They arrive to a restaurant not so far from the company. Sitting down to their reserved seats, across to each other.

"I wanted pasta but I didn't mean we should go to an expensive restaurant" Daesun chuckles to Jake's rich ass again. He just shrugged it and showed a smug look.

Jake raised his hand for a waiter to approach them. They entered their orders and waited for 15 minutes.

"Here. Let me pour you some" Jake gestured, standing up and poured water to daesun's glass, when she was about to do it herself.

She darted a suspicious face, "Something's odd about you these days"

"Why? Is anything odd with me?" An innocent doe eyed boy wiggles his eyebrows, sneakingly smirk.

Daesun rolled her eyes. "Nevermind. You're still the same"

They ate peacefully, some chitchats involved and with this and that. Apparently, everyday is just a same day, work and work. Nothing new except for new projects to be launched.

Jay recently has been busy with work. They don't get to hang out much these days.

It's just jake and her.

In one point, jake does feel relieved he wasn't around. And in the other, he misses him too.

Mixed emotions. He can't decide.

Jay just makes him insecure whenever he was around, mostly with daesun. No matter how fun they are enjoying, jealousy and insecurity lingers from his mind.

The two finished eating, and payed for their meal. Daesun stood up and grin to jake. "I have 2 more hours before a meeting. Should we go-"

"Sorry daesun. I have to go" Jake says, picking up his things and hurriedly grab her wrist to follow him back to the car. She shut her lips tight and frowned to his response.

"Bye, daesun. I'm really sorry" He apologizes, leaving soon after dropping her off the company's building.

Daesun sighed once he left, frowned just thinking about it. "He's at it again" she mumbles to herself.

Recent days he had been like this. Lunch break, eat somewhere, then left with an unknown excuse.

It's like he's hiding something from her. But what would it be and why would he hide it to her? They are best friends right?