7

"Happy birthday to you..." Steve's soft singing makes you wake up with a small, sleepy laugh.

Rolling in your bed under the covers with a sleepy smile as your heart warms at Steve's detail. You sit up on your bed slowly and tuck your hair behind your ears, looking at Steve carrying a small cake in his hands.

"Happy birthday, dear tiiiinyyyy. Happy birthday to you!" His sing-song tone making you laugh as he sits next to you in your bed.

"Thank you, Steve."

"Don't mention it. Now, blow the candles." Steve moves the cake closer to you and you blow on the candles.

"I'm not eating that cake, it's full of drool." That cocky bastard again.

You look up from the cake to see Bucky leaning against your door frame. His big arms crossed over his chest and his typical smirk on his lips.

"Who said you'd have a piece of my cake?" You scoff, rolling your. Then blushing at how that sounded.

"Happy birthday, Y/n." His deep, hoarse laugh sending heat to your lower abdomen.

"Thank you, Bucky." You clear your throat, returning your attention to Steve.

"So, today's a big day and you need to get ready." Steve stands up. "I haven't given you your present yet."

"Steve, I said no presents." You sigh.

"You'll love this one, I promise." Steve grins, kissing your cheek sweetly.

"Thank you for the cake." It's a small, rounded with white and red frosting cake but it's the thought that makes you grin.

"No problem. We'll be downstairs." Steve tells you as he leaves the room. Bucky not far behind him.

As soon as they're gone, you flop back down on your bed, sighing at how long your day is going to be. Stretching to the point where your limbs tremble, you smile at the thought of seeing the rest of the team again. Although it's been no more than 4 days, you already miss them. Something about having a nice and normal breakfast with no bickering.

You choose to wear some loose cotton shorts, a simple tank top and white and comfortable sneakers. Tying your hair in a ponytail and brushing your teeth before grabbing your cake and going downstairs to the kitchen.

Why does this place have so many stairs everywhere?

In the kitchen, you pour yourself a glass of cold water before taking out a teaspoon and sticking it into your cake. The exquisite flavor of red velvet and frosting making you moan in approval. "Fuck, that's so good."

"That's what she said. " His raspy voice causing you to jump in fear. Turning around to find him staring at you with something dark dancing in his irises.

"You scared the living shit out of me." You snap at him.

"Seems like you were enjoying yourself." Bucky's leaning on the counter in front of you, hands in his pockets as his eyes roam the length of your body. Heat following his gaze making your skin break out in goosebumps.

"Yeah, it was delicious." You lick your lips clean before bringing your fingers to your mouth. Making sure to swirl your tongue visibly before taking them out with a wet pop. His eyes following carefully the motion.

Oh, fuck.

"Good." He swallows hard, clearing his throat before pushing himself from the counter and leaning closer to you. His smell hitting your nostrils making blood rush to between your legs. "I—"