26

You slam your door closed, huffing with tears in your eyes.

"Ouch." You hear someone behind the door whine and with wide eyes, you open the door on a rush.

"Wanda!" You notice her holding her nose and rubbing her forehead.

She followed me upstairs.

"I'm so sorry!" You frown, approaching to her hurriedly.

"It's fine." Wanda shakes her head. "Nothing is broken."

"What are you doing here?" You clear your throat.

"I don't want you to be alone right now." Wanda shrugs, nodding inside your room.

You step aside, opening the door wider for her to come in and then close it behind your back.

"It was cute," Wanda scrunches her nose. "The way you defended him, I mean." Siting cross legged on your bed.

"I think I lost control over my words." You cringe. "Especially with Steve. I shouldn't have—"

"I'm sure it's fine." Wanda shakes her head as you sit in front of her. "It makes sense, you know?"

You shake your head for her to elaborate.

"Bucky needs someone that believes in him." Wanda sighs. "Someone that is not afraid of him or who he was in the past. And I'm so glad it is you who is by his side."

Your face heats up. "So, you know?"

"Honey, of course I do. I can read minds." Wanda grins, slapping your shoulder. "Why wouldn't you tell me?"

"I wasn't sure—I mean," You sit up straight. "He asked me to be his girlfriend just yesterday and if someone asked before that, I wouldn't have known how to call us."

"Sex buddies?" Wanda laughs.

"No." You blush. "Definitely not that."

"Oh." Wanda's laughter dies. "Maybe it's too soon, you know? I mean after the things he told me—" Her eyes widen.

"Bad things?" You frown.

"No." Wanda shakes her head. "It's just...after we helped Bruce track Rumlow and you left, Bucky came to talk to me." Her eyes locking with yours. "He asked me a few things about you because, you know, I'm your best friend in the whole wide world and you love me—"

"Wanda." You laugh, nudging her.

"Right. Well, he told me that when he was held hostage, they used to ask him questions that now he knows are about you." Looking down at her black nail polish. "He also told me he is scared of being around you. Not because of you but because of him."

"Why would he be scared?" You frown, not understanding anything.

"He thinks the team is right about how he could hurt you." Wanda sighs. "That's why I told you it's good that you defend him like that. He needs to know you trust him because he—the things the team said, they got to his head." Groaning at the end of her sentence.

"I'm not scared of him." You sigh. "I'll never be. I know him."

"He just wants you to be safe." Wanda shrugs. "Bucky loves you and—I don't know. It was cute that he came to me to talk about you and this things." Scrunching her nose.

"Thank you, Wanda." You say. "For being there to listen to him."

"No problem. I just wanted to tell you because...I think it's important and I know you love him too and I have this feeling that you two are endgame." Wanda smiles wider.